Chicken Recipe - Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
Stir fry is one of my most favorite meals to prepare for many reasons being:
- Healthy cooking
- Vegetable variety
- Can be made quickly
- Filling and satisfying
- Flavors are endless
- Meat or meatless options
- Creative cooking and colorful dishes
Cook Time does not include 2 hour marinating time.
Ingredients for Honey Garlic Stir Fry
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 pounds) cut in thin strips
- 1 sweet red pepper cut in thin strips
- 1 sweet yellow pepper cut in thin strips
- 1 sweet orange pepper cut in thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 onion peeled and cut into thick slices
- 1 tbs. of olive or extra virgin olive oil
- Marinade for the chicken. Please see recipe below.
Preparing the chicken for Honey Garlic Chicken
My recipe for Honey Garlic Chicken is made by starting the dish a few hours in advance marinating the chicken in a sauce. By doing this the garlic and honey flavors come through in every appetizing bite. By using the stir fry method of cooking the chicken is juicy, moist and tender.
Honey Garlic Marinade or Sauce
- 1/4 cup of either olive oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup of lemon juice concentrate or 1/4 Cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbs. of soy sauce
- 3 tbs. of liquid honey
- 4 garlic cloves pressed or grated (You can increase or decrease the amount of garlic you use)
Instructions for Marinade
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, and honey.
- In a garlic press squeeze the peeled garlic cloves over the top of the bowl. I find if you cut or quarter the cloves they are easier to press through. Scrape out what is left in the press and add this as well to the bowl.
- Whisk all the ingredients together.
- Set aside while preparing the chicken breasts.
- Place the chicken breast strips In a marinating container or dish suitable for marinating.
- Give the marinade a final whisk and pour over the chicken breast strips making sure that they are all well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
I highly recommend Cuisinart cookware.
Let's Get Wokking
- In a wok or a large frying pan heat 1 tbs of oil swirling around to coat the pan.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade sauce and stir fry chicken for 3-5 minutes along with 1/2 of the marinade.
- Push the chicken up the sides of the wok and add the chopped garlic and onion slices. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the peppers and continue to stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Step by Step Photos for Stir Frying
Does this sound good? Please rate accordingly.
Suggestions to switch up this recipe
- Use shrimp instead of or along with the chicken
- Use pork or turkey rather than chicken
- Add other vegetables such as broccoli, mushrooms, celery, bean sprouts, or zucchini
- Spice the dish up by using a hot Asian chili sauce
- Chunks of fresh pineapple would give this dish a sweeter taste
Side Dish Options
My husband is on a low carbohydrate diet and sometimes preparing meals for our family can get a bit challenging. Side dishes that I have served with the Honey Garlic Stir Fry are:
Served over a bed of either white or brown rice.
Thank you for visiting my hub today and if you'd like to see more of my recipes or articles please visit my profile page. Have a wonderful day!
More by this Author
By marinating a blade steak before cooking it will come out juicy and tender.
An easy to follow recipe with complete instructions and pictures for chicken enchiladas.
In this easy to follow recipe I've added other ingredients to Zatarain's Jambalaya mix to make it go further and feed more people. Pictures included with recipe.