Chicken, Sausage, Peppers and Onions Recipe
So, the other night I made a dinner that I knew would be a hit. I've been making this dish for several months now and it seems to have become a family favorite. It's really quite simple as I just made it up myself one night. Here is what you will need:
- 2 pounds chicken breast cut up into small chunks
- 8 uncooked sausage links (any kind - even turkey and chicken sausage)
- 2 peppers (red, green, yellow, orange - it really doesn't matter)
- 1 large onion
- lemon-pepper seasoning or make your own seasoning: I like to use a little salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- Remove the sausage from the casing. Place the sausage in a pan sprayed with cooking spray and bake at 450 degrees (turning to cook evenly) until the sausage is just done.
- While the sausage is cooking, slice onion and peppers into thin strips.
- Heat a little olive oil in a wok or large skillet. Sprinkle seasoning into the oil. Add the onions and peppers and brown for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken chunks and cook until the chicken is done.
- When the sausage is ready, cut the links into thin slices and add to the chicken, peppers and onions mixture. Keep stirring until everything is all mixed together and fully cooked.
- Turn off the flame and sprinkle lemon juice over the chicken, sausage, peppers and onion mixture; stir.
Serve with your choice of favorite rice or favorite pasta.