Chicken Wrapped in Bacon [With Pictures]
I love experimenting in the kitchen, and I think I saw this concept while watching TV. I forgot what they called it but I did remember them wrapping chicken in bacon. While I was racking my brains for a quick lunch dish, I decided to do my own version of it. And by "my own version," I mean cooking with whatever I have in my kitchen.
- 4-pc Chicken breast, boneless/ skinless
- 1 pack Bacon
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- Lemon jucie, From half a lemon
- Rosemary, Or any herbs you have.
- Salt & Pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- No chicken stock? No probem, just dissolve a chicken bullion in a cup of warm water.
- Pat dry chicken breast with paper towel then sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Wrapped the breast with a strip of bacon. It took me 2 bacon strips to wrap a chicken breast.
- Drench the chicken breast in cornstarch then place it back in the fridge for about 10-15 min so the cornstarch would stick to the chicken.
- Heat a pan and put enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Pan-fry the chicken. No need to cook the chicken through, we just want a golden brown crust to form around the chicken. Remove from oil and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- After frying all the chicken, remove excess oil from the pan then add chicken stock, lemon juice, and rosemary. I used dried rosemary but you can opt to use any fresh herbs you have in your kitchen. Bring to a simmer.
- 6. Put the chicken back in the pan and continue cooking for 20-25 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken. When cooking the chicken in the broth, no need to turn the chicken so the other side remains crispy.
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy!
Cover the bacon-wrapped chicken in cornstarch
Flip 'em once golden brown
Drain excess oil in paper towel
Simmer in Chicken broth till the chicken cooks and the broth thickens
Chicken wrapped in bacon with lemon sauce
More by this Author
The statue of Menkaure and His Wife, Queen Khamerernebty was unearthed during an archeological expedition at Giza headed by George Reisner. The statue of King Menkaure and Queen Khamerernebty were a typical...
This case examine the implications of the merger of Pepsi Co. and Quaker Oats Company for the rivalry between Coca-Cola Co. and PepsiCo, and for value creation by each firm.
Child of the Americas is a poem by Aurora Levins Morales that tackles social diversity. It is a poem about an American who came from a mixture of various cultures that comprise her heritage and her identity as an...
No comments yet.