Chilled Rum and Cantaloupe Soup
Fresh and oh so wonderful
If you are looking for a fresh and incredibly tasty chilled soup, you simply must try this chilled rum and cantaloupe soup. Fresh and rich, this soup will immediately become a favorite of you and your guests.
- 2 Cantaloupes, Peeled and Diced
- 1/4 Cup Butter, (Half a stick to sauté)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Milk (unsweetened)
- 1 Cup Orange Juice, Fresh is better
- 1/4 Cup Mango Chutney
- 1/4 Cup Rum
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- To start, you will sauté the cantaloupe until it becomes slightly soft.
- Next, add the mango chutney, orange juice and coconut milk stirring as you pour.
- Simmer the mix until the cantaloupe become very soft, but not transparent.
- Take the mix and blend in a food processor or a regular blender.
- Empty mix into a large bowl and add the cream and the rum stirring as you pour.
- Finally, chill the soup and serve it cold.
I hope you love the soup, and the ease with which it can be prepared.
More by this Author
The right birthday quote can make all the difference. Here are some hilarious options for that next birthday party.