Chinese Barbecued Spare Ribs Recipe
Tender, juicy, and fall off the bone bbq spareribs coated with sweet and flavored sauce. This the best appetizer at Chinese restaurants. It can be served as appetizer, finger foods, or enjoy it with steamed rice.
Here is how to make easy Chinese style barbecued spareribs. The ribs are marinated in Chinese bbq sauce (hoisin sauce), ketchup, garlic, rice wine, brown bean sauce and flavored with five spice powder. The ribs can be cooked over charcoal fire or in the oven. This recipe is simply omit any red food coloring.
There are countless recipes for Chinese barbecued spareribs but this is a good one. The ingredients are available for purchase at Chinese supermarket or online store. The cooking process is very simple. There is nothing fancy at all. There is no good reason to get Chinese bbq spareribs from restaurants if you can make the best one at home.
What You Need
Serves 4 - 6
2 lbs spareribs
1/2 cup ketchup
3 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
4 tbsp brown sugar
4 tbsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp Chinese bean sauce
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp five spice powder
How to Fix
- To make marinade: in a saucepan combine ketchup, hoisin sauce, rice wine, brown sugar, dark soy sauce, salt, bean sauce, five spice powder and minced garlic.
- Heat the marinade over low heat to dissolve the sugar. Turn off the heat and set side to cool.
- Trim any excess fat from ribs and remove the membranes.
- Place ribs in a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over ribs. Marinade the ribs for about 6 hours. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat oven to 375 F. Place ribs in the roasting pan and roast it in the sauce for 30 minutes. Occasionally turn the ribs and brush with sauce.
- Lower the temperature to 300 F and cook for 30 - 45 minutes more or until the ribs are tender.
- Before serving, cut between each rib to separate.
More Chinese Recipes
- Yang Chow Fried Rice Recipe
How to fix Yang Chow fried rice. This is totally different variant of fried rice.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Shrimp With Sichuan Peppercorn Recipe
How to make spicy shrimp with Sichuan peppercorn. Spicy but tasty
- Stir-Fried Mongolian Lamb Recipe
How to stir-fry lamb. A Mongolian inspired dish.
- Stir-Fried Spinach (Yin Choi) With Garlic Recipe. How To Stir-Fry Spinach
Learn how to stir-fry spinach. Easy, tasty and healthy vegetarian dish.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Lettuce With Garlic Recipe. A Quick And Easy Chinese Auspicious Dish.
How to stir-fry lettuce. A vegetarian dish.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Bitter Gourd With Pork And Black Bean Sauce Recipe
- Easy Chinese Egg Foo Young Recipe
Chinese Barbecued Spareribs
More by this Author
Flickr by Endalicious Tender and juicy spareribs coated with savory Chinese black bean sauce. No Sunday brunch or morning dim sum is ever complete without tasty steamed spareribs. Of course Chinese bao, spring rolls,...
Baked BBQ Pork Bun Jason Lam If you are familiar with dim sum, you may know how delicious Chinese pork buns are. Pork buns can be steamed or baked. Char siu bao is steamed bun with bbq pork filling. The baked version...
Steamed meatball is pretty common dim sum food. It can be made of beef, chicken, fish, shrimp or squid. My kid's favorite is steamed pork balls. They are soft, wonderful and flavorful. Fixing steamed meatballs at home...
No comments yet.