Chinese Dim Sum Steamed Spare Ribs With Black Bean Sauce Recipe
Tender and juicy spareribs coated with savory Chinese black bean sauce. No Sunday brunch or morning dim sum is ever complete without tasty steamed spareribs. Of course Chinese bao, spring rolls, and egg tart are also served but steamed spareribs with black bean sauce is the "star".
Here is how to make steamed spareribs with black bean sauce (Pai Gut). There are several method to fix this dim sum. Some cook love to deep-fry the ribs before steaming, other like to use stri-fry and steaming. In order to reduce the fat content, I love to parboil the ribs in hot boiling water.
Serve it on a small bamboo steamer, it will be an elegant and exotic appetizer at potluck lunch or dinner. Satisfy your dim sum craving with homemade steamed spareribs with black bean sauce. Its tastier and healthier for your health and wallet.
Serves 2 - 4
1 lbs spareribs
2 tbsp fermented black beans
2 tbsp Chinese rice wine
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp minced ginger
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tbsp sesame oil/cooking oil
How to Fix
- Trim any excess fat and remove membranes from the ribs. Cut the ribs into 1-inch to 2-inches pieces long.
- Put water in a small pot and bring to a boil. Place the spareribs in the boiling water for about 4 minutes. Then transfer to colander and rinse under cold running water to remove the excess fat. Drain and set aside.
- Wash and rinse the fermented black bean. Drain.
- In a bowl, combine fermented black beans, rice wine, garlic, ginger, spring onions, salt, sugar and sesame oil. Add the ribs. Stir to mix.
- Place the ribs and sauce in a heatproof dish.
- Set a steamer over high heat. When the water is boiling, lower the heat to medium-high. Place the heatproof dish with ribs on the steamer and steam for about 25 minutes or until the ribs are cooked.
Steamed Pork Ribs with Black Bean Sauce
More Chinese Recipes
- Stir-Fried Spinach (Yin Choi) With Garlic Recipe. How To Stir-Fry Spinach
Learn how to stir-fry spinach. Easy, tasty and healthy vegetarian dish.
- Stir-Fried Mongolian Lamb Recipe
How to stir-fry lamb. A Mongolian inspired dish.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Shrimp With Sichuan Peppercorn Recipe
How to make spicy shrimp with Sichuan peppercorn. Spicy but tasty
- Chinese Stir-Fried Lettuce With Garlic Recipe. A Quick And Easy Chinese Auspicious Dish.
How to stir-fry lettuce. A vegetarian dish.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Bitter Gourd With Pork And Black Bean Sauce Recipe
- Easy Chinese Egg Foo Young Recipe
- Chinese Barbecued Spareribs Recipe
More by this Author
Har Gow (Ha Gao) - Cantonese Shrimp Dumpling Flickr by Charles Haynes If you love dim sum, I bet you are familiar with har gow. For those who are new to Chinese dim sum, har gow (ha gao, ha gow) is Cantonese shrimp...
Steamed meatball is pretty common dim sum food. It can be made of beef, chicken, fish, shrimp or squid. My kid's favorite is steamed pork balls. They are soft, wonderful and flavorful. Fixing steamed meatballs at home...
Craving for delicious fried chicken wings ?. Here is the most easy to fix Chinese style deep fried chicken wings. Every body will just love it and craving for more.