Chinese Shrimp Toast Recipe
Deep-fried triangles toast topped with savory shrimp paste, shrimp toast, a popular and well-liked appetizer in Chinese American restaurants. It made of old or stale bread and ground shrimp. This is another the easiest appetizer one can make.
Here is how to make shrimp toast at home. The ingredients are pretty simple. This recipe is a great way to use the old bread. If you are in low-fat diet, you can bake the shrimp toast in the oven instead of deep-frying. Fixing shrimp toast at home could be a perfect "cooking with kids" projects since the cooking process is very straightforward, easy and quick.
This crunchy and tasty toast is a nice addition to any elegant dinner or Asian feast. It will make a tasty treat or finger foods for children too.
1 lbs shrimp, peeled
oil for deep frying
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp minced garlic
3 tbsp minced spring onions
3 tbsp minced water chestnut
1 tsp cornstarch
12 slices bread
What You Need
- Trim the crust from the bread slices. Cut each bread slices into 4 triangles. Set aside.
- Put the shrimp, salt, sugar, minced garlic, cornstarch and egg in a food processor. Pulse and process the shrimp mixtures into a coarse paste. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and stir in spring onions and water chesnut.
- Use a spatula or butter knife to spread a 1/4-inch thick layer of shrimp paste on the top of triangle bread slices.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Pour the cooking oil in. Heat the oil to 375 F. Fry the triangle toasts for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Fry about 4 to 5 pieces at a time. Turning frequently. Then use a slotted spoon to remove it from hot oil. Drain on paper towels.
More Chinese Recipes
- Chinese Stir-Fried Bean Sprouts With Bean Sauce Recipe. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
How to stir-fry bean sprouts. A healthy dish.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Bitter Gourd With Pork And Black Bean Sauce Recipe
- Easy Chinese Egg Foo Young Recipe
- Chinese Noodle With Bean Sauce Recipe (Zha Jiang Mian)
- Chinese Dim Sum Steamed Spareribs With Black Bean Sauce Recipe
- Chinese Barbecued Spareribs Recipe
More by this Author
Flickr by Endalicious Tender and juicy spareribs coated with savory Chinese black bean sauce. No Sunday brunch or morning dim sum is ever complete without tasty steamed spareribs. Of course Chinese bao, spring rolls,...
Baked BBQ Pork Bun Jason Lam If you are familiar with dim sum, you may know how delicious Chinese pork buns are. Pork buns can be steamed or baked. Char siu bao is steamed bun with bbq pork filling. The baked version...
Steamed meatball is pretty common dim sum food. It can be made of beef, chicken, fish, shrimp or squid. My kid's favorite is steamed pork balls. They are soft, wonderful and flavorful. Fixing steamed meatballs at home...
No comments yet.