Chinese Stir-Fried Clams With Bean Sauce And Chili. How to Stir-Fry Clams !
This is a popular dish in almost Chinese buffet in USA. It could be this seafood dish is not listed in the cook to order menu of most Chinese restaurant, but you can make it a home. Easy, quick, tasty and very Asia in flavor indeed.
If you are looking new way to enjoy clams rather than old boring steamed or baked clams, then you may be like to try stir-fried one. It comes in a light sauce with subtle bean sauce and fiery hot chili pepper. It's also a low fat dish with very little seasoning. Thus it's low in sodium. Its packed with iron and lean protein. It always serve with warm steamed rice. This dish has plenty of goodness.
This is a dish that you will like. Juicy clams with a harmonious balance of light seasoning is heaven !. Besides delicious, this dish also very easy to fix. You will have no need special cooking skills to make it.
What You Need
Serves 2 - 4
1 1/2 lbs clam (Manila clam)
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
1/3 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp minced hot chili
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tbsp chopped onion
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp bean sauce
How to Make
Discard any open clams. Then wash the clams under cold running water. Use a stiff brush to clean the shells. Rinse well then drain them in a colander. Dry the clams with paper towels.
To make sauce: combine chicken broth, soy sauce and bean sauce in a small bowl. Stir to mix.
Preheat a wok or skillet over high heat. When hot, swirl in the oil. Add in ginger and garlic. Stir-fry until they are soft and fragrant. Then thrown the clams in. Also add hot chili pepper. Continue to stir-fry for 1 to 1 1/2 minute.
Pour in the sauce and continue to cook for 4 - 5 minutes. Keep stirring until the shells are fully open. Transfer the clams into the serving plate and discard any bad clams (unopened). Cook the sauce for about 1 minute to thicken.
Sprinkle spring onions on the clams and pour the sauce over them. Enjoy !.
Stir-Fried Clams with Bean Sauce
How to Pick Clams
Need More Chinese Recipes ?
- Easy Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Tofu Recipe. How to make Chinese Stir fry!
- Cooking with Kids - Quick and Easy Chinese Sesame Peanut Noodles Recipe
- Stir-Fried Garlicky Shanghai Bok Choy. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
- Stir-Fried Asparagus with Spicy Sichuan Sauce Recipe. How to Cook Chinese Style Asparagus!
- Easy Stir-Fried Eggs and Tomatoes Recipe. How to Make Easy Chinese Stir-Fry!
- Yang Chow Fried Rice Recipe
- Stir-Fried Chinese Beef Curry Recipe
- Stir-Fried Water Spinach (Ong Choy) With Fermented Bean Curd Recipe. How To Make Vegetarian Stir-Fri
- Stir-Fried Mongolian Lamb Recipe
- Chinese Stir-Fried Shrimp With Sichuan Peppercorn Recipe
- Stir-Fried Yu Choy Sum With Oyster Sauce And Garlic Recipe
More by this Author
Chinese Stuffed Bitter Melon AVLXY If you grew up eating the bitter melon, you will love this bitter dish. Stuffed bitter melon is common home-cooked dish in many Chinese household. It's made of bitter melon and ground...
Braised Sea Cucumber Flickr by AVLXYZ Sea cucumber is marine dweller echinoderm. It has long body and big worm looking with leathery skin. It's widely consumed by Asian especially people of East Asian countries. It is...
Chinese Turnip/Radish Cake (Low Bok Gow) Flickr by Jason Lam This is another popular dim sum dish. Turnip cake aka radish cake or sometime known as Chinese carrot cake is snack made of shredded daikon radish, dried...
No comments yet.