Chinese Stir-Fried Shrimp With Sichuan Peppercorn Recipe
Hi shrimp lovers !. This is a stir-fried recipe for shrimp lovers. If you like cooking but lack of time this is great way to enjoy shrimp. Just like other stir-fried dishes, this dish is absolutely easy and quick to make. You can fix it under 15 minutes. Simple but tasty and bold with flavor. This is not ordinary pescatarian dish, loaded with Thai hot chili and Sichuan peppercorn make this stir-fried give a nice spicy accent to counterbalanced the sweetness of shrimps.
This recipe is very easy to follow but you need to get Sichuan peppercorn. This peppercorn gives a distinct lemony flavor and fragrant to the shrimp. If you like hot spicy dishes then this could be your favorite !. This recipe calls for peeled shrimp but I prefer to use unpeeled shrimp to get more sea flavor.
Get Sichuan Peppercorn Online
What You Need
1 lbs large shrimps (peeled and deveined)
1 1/2 tsp chopped red thai chili
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/3 tsp roasted Sichuan peppercorn (ground)
1/3 tsp sugar
2 1/4 tbsp salt
How to Fix
- In a large mixing bowl, put 1 quart cold water and 1 tbsp of salt. Add shrimp. Use a spoon to mix the shrimp in the water for about 30 seconds. Then drain. Repeat this prosedure one more time. Then rinse the shrimp under cold running water. Drain and pat the shrimp dry with some paper towels. Set aside.
- In a small glass bowl, combine 1/4 tbsp salt, ground Sichuan pepercorn and sugar. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- You will need a heavy skillet or wok. Preheat wok or skillet over high heat. Then add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil to coat the wok sides. Put in chili, ginger and garlic. Stir this mixture for about 15 seconds or until they are fragrant. Set the garlic mixture to the sides of the work, then add shrimp. Spread them evenly in a layer. Cook about 1 minute to sear.
- Add additional 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Continue to stir for about 1 minute or until the shrimp begin to change color. Then sprinkle the salt mixture. Cook about 90 seconds or until the shrimp is cooked through. Transfer to serving plate. Serve it warm.
Need More Chinese Recipes ?
- Stir-Fried Asparagus with Spicy Sichuan Sauce Recipe. How to Cook Chinese Style Asparagus!
- Easy Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Tofu Recipe. How to make Chinese Stir fry!
- Easy Stir-Fried Eggs and Tomatoes Recipe. How to Make Easy Chinese Stir-Fry!
- Stir-Fried Garlicky Shanghai Bok Choy
- Stir-Fried Chinese Beef Curry Recipe
- Stir-Fried Water Spinach (Ong Choy) With Fermented Bean Curd Recipe. How To Make Vegetarian Stir-Fri
- Yang Chow Fried Rice Recipe
- Stir-Fried Mongolian Lamb Recipe
More by this Author
Bitter Gourd with Pork and Black Bean Sauce Stir-Fry Flickr by AVLXYZ Bitter gourd or bitter melon is edible fruit from melon and cucumber family (Cucurbitaceae). Unlike regular squash, cucumber or melon with light and...
Chinese Stuffed Bitter Melon AVLXY If you grew up eating the bitter melon, you will love this bitter dish. Stuffed bitter melon is common home-cooked dish in many Chinese household. It's made of bitter melon and ground...
Steamed meatball is pretty common dim sum food. It can be made of beef, chicken, fish, shrimp or squid. My kid's favorite is steamed pork balls. They are soft, wonderful and flavorful. Fixing steamed meatballs at home...