Recipe | Chingri Machher (Macher) Malai Curry (How To Make Prawn Curry With Coconut Milk)
Bengali Name : Chingri Macher Malai Curry
This is another delicious recipe from the Bengali cuisine. Although it’s a little heavy but who cares when such a mouth watering dish is just in front of you!
Ingredients Serve for 3 -4
- Prawn big size 4 no
- Onion 2 no
- Almond 10 no
- Ginger ½ inch
- Green chili 2 no
- Coconut 1 no
- Cardamom 4 no
- Cinnamon 1 inch
- Garam masala powder ½ tsp
- Bay leaf 2 no
- Mustard oil 2 tbsp
- Clarified butter 1tsp
- Turmeric powder 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Remove outer shell and the black thread from the prawns and wash them. Marinate with turmeric powder and salt for 15 minutes.
- Boil the prawns for 5 minutes and screen it.
- Grind ginger and green chili and keep aside.
- Soak the almonds, peel and grind to make a fine paste.
- Peel onions, boil for 5 minutes and grind it to make a paste.
- Grate coconut, mix with a little hot water and then grind it. Press the mixture through a fine cloth to get the fresh coconut milk.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan till smokes starts coming.
- Add cardamom, cinnamon and bay leaves.
- Lower the flame and add ginger-green chill paste.
- Sauté for a few seconds.
- Add onion paste and cook till water gets dried.
- Add prawns and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, clarified butter and garam masala powder.
- Serve with fine rice.
If you are new to the Indian cuisine please read how to make the “Garam masala” http://hubpages.com/hub/Make-Your-Own-Spices-For-Your-Indian-Cuisine
If you want to use coconut milk powder which is available in the market, take 3 tbsp of powder and mix with 1 cup of hot water.
More by this Author
It is simply unbelievable! Losing eight pounds in a single week! But it is true and personally I have loosened eight pounds in a single week by following the GM Diet plan. I had no faith in weight loosing...
‘Holding the horse’s reins in her teeth, flashing the sword with both the hands, the valiant firebrand, legendary heroine, the Goddess of war, and the epitome of female bravery in India, Maharani Lakshmi Bai...
This is a TV serial of India in Hindi Language aired by Color Television Channel since December 1, 2008. In the first six months the show revolved around two small girls Ichcha and Tapasya who were from totally...