Easy Bread Pudding Recipes: Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe For Two
Chocolate Bread Pudding
I found this recipe in one of my Cooking Light cookbooks but changed it a little bit. It was super easy to make and delicious! The neat thing about this recipe for bread pudding is that it is just for 2. I particularly liked the toasted bread cubes and then the layering of bread with the chocolate. It smelled absolutely heavenly while it baked as well. I then went on to create another version of it - a vanilla bread pudding.
RECIPE FOR CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING
- 1-3/4 cups cubed bread (use Hawaiian sweet bread or artisan bread – but really any kind of bread will work - I used homemade French bread)
- 2/3 cup nonfat/skim milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua (I used amaretto)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (can substitute almond extract)
- 1 large egg lightly beaten (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
- Cooking spray
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate chopped (or grind up chocolate chips)
- Whipped cream or whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bread cubes in single layer on cooking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until toasted.
- Combine the milk, sugar, cocoa, Kahlua, vanilla and egg in a bowl or large measuring cup. Stir well with a whisk.
- Add the bread tossing to coat.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Divide half of the bread mixture between 2 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle evenly with half of the chocolate.
- Divide the remaining bread mixture between the ramekins.
- Top with the remaining chocolate.
- Place the ramekins inside an 8-inch square baking pan and add hot water to the pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
- Substitute strong brewed coffee and 1/2 teaspoon sugar for the Kahlua or any other liqueur
- Use white chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate
- Use chocolate chips and pulse/grind/chop instead of chocolate
- Add walnuts or slivered almonds
- Orange liqueur is also great combined with chocolate - add a few dashes of dried orange peel to the bread crumbs after toasting - Grand Marnier
- Substitute cognac or flavored brandy as liqueur
- Try butterscotch chips instead of dark chocolate
More Hubs on Bread Pudding
- Amaretto Bread Pudding Recipe
I've tried a number of bread pudding recipes over the years, and have not found any as delicious as this one from my mother's cookbook. Amaretto bread pudding is a warm, delectable dessert that is equally...
- Breakfast Bread Pudding Recipe
Oh yes - this is a wonderfully put together recipe that you can even assemble the night before and bake in the morning. It is much like French toast but then more like - well, bread pudding! It makes a great...
- Dennys Dark Chocolate Bread Pudding and Sauces
Denny's Dark Chocolate Bread Pudding and Sauces This recipe is not so rich, full of calories or excess sugar so you can savor the chocolate! Easy to mix up by hand. Great for holiday menus or the...
- Low-Fat Banana Bread Pudding Recipes
Banana Rum-Raisin & Chocolate-Banana Bread Puddings: These two recipes are low in fat but high in flavor. The textures are very different, but both delectable, so in the end, it's a matter of personal taste.
- Apples And Nuts Bread Pudding
Here's a recipe for a quick and easy to make delicious apples and nuts bread pudding recipe. I keep getting asked for bread pudding recipes and so here is another very delicious bread pudding recipe for...
- Cinnamon Bread Pudding
We usually make our old stored bread into an ordinary bread pudding. So I just thought, why not make something out of my favorite ingredient . . . cinnamon. I made a little research about these two main...
- Delicious Bread Pudding
Here is my Grandmothers delicious apple bread pudding. I have served this all over the United States and everyone loves it. My family has always had bread puddings. I remember my Grandmother making them and...
- Bread Pudding With Whiskey Sauce
Making bread pudding from scratch is one of the easiest recipes I have ever encountered and one of the best desserts. It is definitely a comfort food and is a great winter or fall dessert that you can keep...
More by this Author
Caramel corn isn't that hard to make. In fact, it's very simple and oh so delicious. Try it and you'll be hooked and never buy store bought caramel corn again.
Easy to make and just the right size - mini cheesecakes. Step by step how to make mini cheesecakes.
Want a hot stone massage but can't afford one? Here are some great tips and tricks on how to give yourself or each other great hot stone massages.