Brigadeiros and Beijinhos: Brazilian Truffles
Brigadeiros & Beijinhos
A vampire tale blending historical fiction with lush eroticism.
Chocolate Lovers Rejoice!!!
I have a delicious, quick and easy dessert recipe for you. Brigadeiros are small, truffle-like chocolate delights that melt in your mouth- literally. Although my mother was born in the Azores, she spent many years in Brazil and would often make these for special occasions or parties. My sisters and I would gorge on them! I have made these many times and they are always a smashing success at any gathering.
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2-3 T unsweetened cocoa (some people use Hershey or Nestle chocolate milk powder, but I think it makes it too sweet)
2 T butter
paper candy cups
chocolate sprinkles for decoration
1. Combine first three ingredients in a pan and stir constantly over low- medium heat. Bring to a boil.
2. Continue stirring until mixture thickens (about 1-2 minutes).
3. Remove from heat and pour hot mixture out onto a large plate or serving dish.
4. Allow to cool completely.
5. Rub a pat of butter onto your hands and place a spoon-sized amount into the palm of your hand. Roll into a small ball, then roll the ball in sprinkles before placing in the paper cup. May be served immediately or chilled.
Not a Chocolate Lover? That's OK, here is another popular treat:
BEIJINHOS (Little Kisses): (bay-jhee-ños)
Same recipe as above except omit the cocoa and add 1/2 cup coconut flakes. Roll the balls in sugar or flaked coconut instead of chocolate sprinkles. Delicious!
I promise you that if you bring either of these treats (or both) to a holiday party or serve them as a dessert after a big meal, everyone will ask for the recipe. Give them a try to let me know how it turns out. Enjoy and thank you for reading!
C. De Melo
Author & Artist
More by this Author
Elegant thin cookies to serve with tea or coffee that are easy and fast to make.
The best food in Tuscany can be found at mamma's house...
Approaching weight loss realistically in a manner that can achieve success.