What is chocolate Burfi?
It's a very tasty desert made mainly of condensed or dry milk and sugar. The name of this desert is derived from the word Barf which is coming from the Persian language "as mentioned in Wikipedia" :)
There are many flavors and tastes of Bufri, but the best that I love is the chocolate one because I'm a big fan of chocolate. I'll give you here a short and nice recipe that will allow you to make it in 15 minutes, just get every thing ready first.
What you need for this yummy desert is:
- Your kitchen microwave.
- A medium sized glass bowl
- A spatula "wooden or plastic"
- 5 cups of dry milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips "or 2 tbsp cocoa powder"
- In the glass bowl put dry milk, then powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream.
- Stir all ingredients very well.
- Put the mixture in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Take it off the microwave and check, if not cooked put it again for 1 more minute, you can repeat this operation for as many times till you get it cooked. It appears like this.
5. Stir the fluffy mixture then pour 3/4 the amount into a tray lined with butter paper.
6. Use the spatula to flatten the mixture and make sure it's spread evenly among the tray.
6. Add chocolate chips or cocoa powder to the rest and stir till it melts as the mixture is already hot.
7. Spread the rest over on top and flatten again.
8. Put in a fridge to set.
9. Now you can put it on a cutting board and cut into shapes as desired.
I recommend to cut it to small pieces as it's full of calories.
You can make Burfi in different ways using different recipes
- This is a recipe from Indea for "Yummy Mango Burfi" . This hub is written by jadhavmanisha from san antonio city (USA)
- Another recipe for Bufri is "How To Make Kaju Burfi" . This hub is written by cookontheweb from Indea
- Here are some deliciouse recipes of some Indean sweets. You'll find a variety iof Burfi recipes like "Carrot Burfi, coconut Burfi, Banana Burfi and many other recipes you can try. This hub is made by nkrohini from Indea
More by this Author
I like tasty food, where ever it comes from. I like some Indian recipes and deserts, I have an Indian friend who's very clever and a real good cooker. She taught me some recipes. I also enjoy all French Yummy deserts. I...
Howawshyis a very unique way to eat meat in Egypt. People at different levels know,eat and like howawshy. Here is the recipe of howawshy, you can try it when you plan for a barbecue.
Baron Empain palace is one of the wonders that are found in Egypt. Many stories about ghosts' deeds in the palace. Who is Baron Empain? Why did he choose Egypt for his palace. Are the ghost stories are real?