Chocolate Butter cream
chocolate butter cream cupcakes
One of my favourite type of butter cream that i used to ice my cupcakes or cakes.It is from vanilla butter cream recipe but i have altered it for a chocolate recipe as i love chocolate as you can tell.
- 300g Icing sugar
- 150g Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 100g Plain Chocoate
- 150g Milk Chocolate
- 2 tablespoon Milk
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Then add the vanilla extract and the milk and beat until smooth and all incorporated
- Then in a *bainmarie melt all the chocolate let it cool.
- add the cocoa powder to the melted chocolate and add to the butter cream mix and mix till smooth and well incorporated.
- If mixture it too thin add more icing sugar but if too thick then add little more milk
- Then put butter cream in piping bag and pipe away.This will cover at least 12-20 cupcakes depending on how much butter cream you use on each cupcakes.
- *a bainmarie is a utensil and a cooking technique. One container with food to be cooked is placed in another, larger pan containing water that is at the simmering point. This method of cooking surrounds the food with very gentle heat and is used for cooking delicate dishes like custards or white sauces, or melting chocolate. Also know as water bath or double boiler.
No comments yet.