Chocolate Cake with Creme Caramel
What would be more delicious and mouth watering than a chocolate cake? The answer would be a chocolate cake with crème caramel.
One of the masterminds of dessert recipes came up with a way to mix them both together in one dish. So you can enjoy the fluffy and strong taste of chocolate cake with the refreshing and rich taste of crème caramel.
This cake is from the Mediterranean cuisine. It’s called “kudrit kader”, which means made by a miracle. It got that name because you mix the crème caramel and the cake ingredients in one dish and somehow the crème caramel goes on bottom and the cake goes on top.
Contrary to what you might think, it’s easy and fast to make. You will actually enjoy making it and most of all eating it.
If you wish you can also use this recipe to only make Crème Caramel with its delicious sugar syrup.
Ingredients for Sugar Syrup:
¾ cup (145g) sugar
Method for Sugar Syrup:
At a low temperature put sugar in a medium size aluminum cake pan,(picture 1), and heat it up until it’s completely melted.
Put it away to cool. Eventually it’s going to get hard.
Ingredients for Crème Caramel:
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups (230 g) powdered milk
2 cups (470 g) water
1 cup (192 g) sugar
Method for Crème Caramel:
1. In an electric mixer add all ingredients and mix until well mixed.
2. Add the mix on top of the sugar syrup.
Ingredients for Cake:
½ cup (96 g) sugar
½ cup (105 g) vegetable oil
½ cup (118 g) water
1 cup (90 g) flour
3 teaspoon (11 g) baking powder
3 tablespoon (21 g) cocoa powder/ or 2 tablespoon instant coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Method for Cake:
1. With an electric mixer beat eggs, sugar and vanilla.
2. Add flour and baking powder.
3. Add vegetable oil, water and cocoa. Keep beating until batter well-blended.
4. Add batter on top of sugar and crème caramel mix.
5. In a bigger aluminum cake pan put boiled water , don’t fill it up. Put the smaller aluminum pan that has the batter in the bigger pan. Make sure water doesn’t get to batter.
6. In a preheated oven to 350 degrees F put the pans. Bake between 45 to 60 minutes or if a wooden pick inserted in center should come out with just a few moist crumbs on it.
7. Leave cake to cool. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
On a serving plate turn the cake pan upside down so it would come down on the plate.
And voila you will get the final delicious look.
The difference between Crème Caramel and Crème Burlee:
Both of them are custard dessert with sugar syrup but the difference is in texture.
Crème caramel has a soft caramel layer on top, it’s closer to jello in texture and it sits in a pie shell.
Crème Burlee has a hard caramel top, it’s more like dense pudding and it sits in a small white ceramic container.
More by this Author
If you want to share folders, files and printers on a home or small office network and your computers are on a workgroup and not a domain then each computer needs to have the same username and password. So each...
The recipe I am presenting here is from the Mediterranean cuisine. I found it very easy and fast to prepare. It’s the perfect recipe for those crazy busy days. In a way it's similar to the popular recipe...
This recipe is perfect if you are in a hurry, need dessert but do not want to spend a lot of time in kitchen, craving chocolate yet lazy, or whenever surprised with a last minute guests. It only takes 15 minutes to...