Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball Recipe
Let's get to it
Of course, this is not literally chocolate chips and cheese, but a terrific, tastefully-crafted ball of chocolate heaven, and a great party alternative to the typical cheese ball! The best part is, it leaves little mess, and does not require cooking!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened (regular, or flavored)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 3/4 cup (miniature) semisweet chocolate chips
- Graham crackers
- Combine the following in a mixing bowl, and beat until fluffy:
- cream cheese
- vanilla extract
- Gradually add all sugars, while continuing to beat the mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap
- Refrigerate for approximately 2 hours
- After 2 hours, remove the bowl.
- Place the mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap, and form into a ball
- Refrigerate again for at least 1 hour
- Just before serving, roll the ball in the pecans (optional), or crumbled graham cracker pieces
Rock n' Roll
Serve the Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball chilled, with graham crackers, teddy grahams, or shortbread cookies for dipping.
To add some fun for the kids, make a face on the ball! Example:
- Use mini chocolate-peanut butter cups as eyes
- A piece of licorice for the mouth/smile
- A piece of graham cracker or a nut as the nose
- Place a small ball of whipped cream atop the ball for a hat
*When I share my recipes, I typically surf the web for alternatives and variations to the recipe (to provide suggestions in my article). For this recipe, I did not do that. Please feel free to explore ways to spice-up this dish, and be creative!*
- How to Make Buckeyes
The unofficial state candy of Ohio, Buckeyes are simple to make, and scrumptious to eat!
- Creative Cookie Recipe: Mice
Such a simple recipe for a cute, edible critter! Requiring only a few ingredients and a short amount of time, these cookies are great for any occasion!
- Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
- Guilt-Free Chocolate Brownie Cake
- Simple juicing recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
A few yummy recipes, all including Chocolate!
More by this Author
5 Great recipes for kids. Not just for summer, but they are particularly fun to drink in the sun!
Six yummy alcoholic beverages for adults!
Are you or your children interested in playing soccer? This is a compilation of the basic rules for playing the game. Great for anyone of any age!