Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Oatmeal
This is one of my favorite recipes for chocolate chip cookies. This recipe is pretty near fail-proof and is one I've used for years. The flavor combo works to produce a rich-tasting cookie.The chocolate and oatmeal make a perfect combo, offering a rich flavor and a delightful texture.
This is a straight-forward, one-bowl recipe. You'll need a large bowl because this recipe makes lots of cookies. The hardest part will be trying to stay out of these once they're cooked.
- 2 cups butter, (1 lb)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips
- Cream first four ingredients together in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Add in 1 cup or more of chocolate chips.
- Chill in fridge 1 hour.
- Roll into balls and place on cookie sheets. Press lightly with a fork.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes and then reduce heat to 300 degrees so that cookie middles cook.
- Remove cookies from oven and set on a flat surface to cool.
Cookies Freeze Well
These cookies freeze well and are every bit as good when thawed. This is a good recipe to use if you want to stock up on cookies for the freezer.
Have You Tried Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies?See results without voting
© 2008 Athlyn Green
More by this Author
A recipe for a thicker cookie and it's easy to remember: the secret to making it is in its name.
Crunchy, delicious and hearty describes these tasty treats.
A delicious sweet topper for cakes, loaves, and donuts.