Chocolate Chip Cupcake Recipe
Looking for a great cupcake recipe? These are easy little golden cupcakes filled with chocolate chips and smelling of vanilla - perfect for sharing!
..... and don't forget to visit my Favorite Recipes on Pinterest
..... or, if you can't find the recipe you're looking for or just need some inspiration? Try Foodgawker it's one of my 'go to' websites for food inspiration
There are lots and lots of fancy cakes out there but sometimes all you really want is a yummy little cake that smells of vanilla and tastes of chocolate to present piled high on a pretty cake dish to have with your coffee or tea and friends. Here is just the cupcake, it takes minutes to whisk together and 20-25 minutes to bake.
If my children will remember anything from their childhood it will probably be the smell of cakes or biscuits cooking in the oven and these are a particular favourite in our home, hopefully they'll end up being a favourite of yours.
As you can see from the list of the ingredients below one of the things that I love about these cupcakes is that the recipe is so easy to remember that I can do them from memory.
100g / 3½oz Unsalted Butter, softened
100g / 3½oz Caster Sugar
100g / 3½oz Self Raising Flour
100g / 3½oz Plain Chocolate Chips
2 large Free Range Eggs
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Preparation is half the battle with baking, take the butter and eggs out of the fridge before you want to cook with them, you want the butter soft and everything to come to room temperature otherwise you won't get the cakes to rise as beautifully as they should.
- TIP: If you really don't have much time, crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk and they will start to warm up much quicker and when you turn your oven on to heat pop the butter in a ovenproof bowl and put it in the oven to warm up quickly, but keep an eye on it as you don't want it to turn into a liquid.
- Okay so once you are ready to begin start by pre-heating your oven to 190ºC / 375ºF / Gas mark 5.
- Place 8 paper baking cases into a muffin or cake tin. If you don't have one of these tins then use double-layered paper baking cases and place on a baking tray.
- Put the butter and sugar into a large bowl and whisk until the mixture is soft and creamy, you'll notice that the butter will change colour and become paler as you whisk it.
- Add the teaspoon of vanilla extract and whisk.
- Add one egg and whisk until fully incorporated (if you add them both at the same time I've been told that the cake mix can split/curdle - although I've never had that happen but let's live on the side of caution I'd hate for you to waste any food).
- Whisk in the second egg and once fully incorporated add in the flour and whisk until everything is smooth.
- And fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, I recently saw the Barefoot Contessa using an ice cream scoop to do this as it stopped any mess and she got exactly the same amount in each paper case, but I get along with a large spoon which does the job perfectly.
- Now place the cupcakes into your oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until they are well risen and golden brown. If they are risen and golden brown before the 20-25 minutes are up then you've probably got a better oven than I have which trust me wouldn't be difficult.
- Once they are ready transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
Now invite some of your favourite people to come round, make some tea or coffee, or for your younger visitors these cupcakes go really well with a glass of cold milk and now you can unwrap them and enjoy.
H a p p y B a k i n g !
Chocolate Chip Recipes
If you're looking for other chocolate chip recipes why not try these linked below:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies and Chocolate Chip Nut Cookies Recipe
Glorious hot from the oven chocolate chip cookies - just what your family wants!
- How To Make A Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- Quick And Easy Chocolate Dessert Recipes: How To Make A Chocolate Chip Walnut Loaf
- Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Ultimate Sweet Tooth Recipes
More by this Author
May's offering of Delectable Delicious Desserts for you to drool over.
- 16Best Recipes for Cake and Desserts in April - including the fabulous and surprisingly easy Kit Kat Cake
April's round up of the best recipes for gorgeous desserts, cakes, cookies and baked goodies on the internet.
Fancy growing your own fruit and don't think you have enough room? Think again lots of information on growing in containers and in small areas.