Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Chocolate Chip Muffins - one of the most popular favorites for a type of muffin but yet difficult to find a decent recipe. It is also one of my favorite types of muffins.
One day, I was craving chocolate chip muffins but I wanted to try to bake them myself. I searched online trying to find a decent recipe. I came across one recipe that included brown sugar and decided to give that recipe a go. Those muffins ended up being the worst muffins - and worst item - I have ever baked my entire life. That's how terrible the recipe was. Plus I am not fond of using brown sugar at all! The recipe, needless to say, did not work for me at all.
After coming up with no good results for other recipes, I decided to take matters into my own hands and figure it out on my own, with my own "trial and error." I started using my Strawberry Cinnamon Muffin recipe as a basis. After lots of trial and error - and getting better and closer to figuring it out each time - eventually, I had finally cracked the code to amazing chocolate chip muffins!
I decided to share my recipe with all of you!
Here is my Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup of semi - sweet chocolate chips, plus 1/4 cup
Special equipment: muffin tin and muffin liners
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, milk, and sugar.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Mix in vanilla extract. Do not over mix. Add in the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter (with an ice cream scoop), evenly into muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Add the 1/4 cup of chocolate chips by spreading around the amount on top to each muffin.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out with a few crumbs but not wet.
- Cool in the pan to room temperature.
I hope you enjoy the muffins as much as my friends, family, and I do! Happy Baking!
© 2012 Alyssa Scheidemann
More by this Author
A travel article on travel activities and places to go in Naples, Florida during the twilight hours. It is more specifically on the top five best places to watch the sunset in Naples, Florida.
A list of the Top five Best Organic and Natural Tea Brands for Self-Steeped Tea.
An article on the best "hidden gem" places to go to in Naples, Florida. A "Hidden Gem" is a place that is small, superb, & local. It mentions restaurants/bars, shops, & romantic places in...
No comments yet.