Chocolate Fudge from scratch in under 10 minutes
Cooking Chocolate Fudge From Scratch
These days we can walk in to any super market and walk out with a bottle of chocolate fudge. Pillsbury, Cadbury, Nestle, or Hershey's, you name it and they make chocolate fudge available to you. Unfortunately they also need to use some amount of preservatives in order to increase the shelf life of their products. If you tend to pig out on chocolate regularly but want to avoid the preservatives, use homemade chocolate fudge. Here's a basic fudge recipe that can be made in under ten minutes.
- Prep time: 1 min
- Cook time: 9 min
- Ready in: 10 min
- Yields: Serves six people
- 100g Butter, Soften the butter by keeping it at room temperature
- 100g Sugar, Granulated normal
- 4 tablespoons Cocoa Powder, Cadbury's Cocoa works well and is my personal choice
- 2-3 drops Vanilla Essence
- 5 tablespoons Milk, at room temperature
- 50g Crushed and Powdered Digestive Biscuits, Marie Biscuits work best.
- Take a thick bottomed cooking vessel so that the chocolate fudge does not burn. Add the butter and sugar to it.
- Mix the cocoa powder in the milk so that it forms a smooth paste. There should be no lumpy bits.
- Add the cocoa and milk paste to the melted butter and sugar mixture in the vessel. Stir well till blended.
- The vanilla essence can be added once the first boil bubbles come up. Cook for another two minutes till the fudge begins to thicken somewhat.
- Now add the crushed and powdered biscuits to the vessel. Switch off the heat and briskly mix the whole fudge till all bubbles pop.
- Pour it into a dish to set. Now let it cool before you cut it into desired shapes. Note - If you have some cookie cutters handy you can make some interesting fudge pieces.
More by this Author
This hub contains energy exercises to cleanse and balance your seven chakras. The idea is to do these energy exercises over a period of seven days. Cleansing and balancing all your chakras in a week
Everyone I know loves chocolate. Here is a set of five tried and trusted chocolate frosting recipes. Get that icing gun out and get set cake decorating.
Affirmations are positive statements that help program our subconscious mind. Using them with Reiki is a very powerful technique to boost healing