Chocolate Macaroons and Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
Two recipes that are a must to make at Christmastime for me are Chocolate Macaroons and Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge. Both of these recipes are easy to make and can be made quickly.
The fudge, which tastes like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, can me made, wrapped, and frozen for up to six weeks. The macaroons, if in an airtight container will good for at least two weeks.
Cook Time Chocolate Macaroon Cookies
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 8 min
- Ready in: 18 min
- Yields: 24 small cookies
Four Ingredients for the Chocolate Macaroons
Ingredients for Chocolate Macaroon Cookies
- 1 square of Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 1/3 Cups of Flaked Coconut
- 1/3 Cup of Sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp. of Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the square of baker's chocolate on high for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes. When it is almost completely melted it is good to go.
- To the bowl of melted chocolate add and stir in the coconut, condensed milk and vanilla.
- In order to get exactly two dozen cookies use a measuring spoon teaspoon. Drop from teaspoonfuls onto your cookie sheet, leaving about an inch between each cookie.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until set. These cookies will easily burn so make sure that you bake them until they are just set.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. ENJOY!
Leftover sweetened condensed milk
Whether you make one or two batches of these macaroons you will have leftover sweetened condensed milk. When this happens here are a few things that you can use the leftover milk for.
Mix 4 ounces of cream cheese with 1/2 of a can of sweetened condensed milk. Stir in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. This makes a delicious fruit dip.
Spread for toast or on cookies
When my grandmother was alive she would take the can of sweetened condensed milk and boil the entire can in a pot of water for thirty minutes. We would then spread it on toast after the can had cooled enough to open and use.
With the leftover milk simply heat it pour it into a saucepan, heat it, then pour it into a container. Store in the fridge until you're ready to use it.
Cook Time for Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
Prep time: 15 min. Cook Time: 5 min. Ready in: 20 min.
Yields: 2 pounds
Please Note: Fudge must be cooled in the refrigerator for one hour before cutting.
Who's for fudge?
Ingredients for Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 Pkg. of Hershy Peanut Butter Chipits
- 1 Can of Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 Cups of Icing or powdered sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/8 Cup of butter or margarine
- 2 Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate squares
Instructions for Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Line an 8 x 8" pan with wax paper.
- In a saucepan on medium high setting melt the peanut butter chips with the condensed milk stirring until melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and stir into the pan the icing sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Once ever thing is well mixed pour and spread evenly into the square wax paper lined pan.
- Set the pan aside while making the chocolate topping.
- In a saucepan on the medium setting melt the Baker's chocolate with the butter stirring while it all melts together.
- Once melted pour evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
- Set in the refrigerator to cool for at least one hour before cutting.
- When you're ready to cut the fudge carefully pull the wax paper away from the sides of the pan and set the fudge with the wax paper onto a cutting board. With a sharp knife press down to cut.
- Store in an airtight container either in the fridge or if you are freezing the fudge wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
More Fudge Please
If you prefer a nutty chocolate fudge, you can find a recipe by this author at Chocolate Fudge Easiest Ever.
Sound Good? Please Rate.
Great Pans for Large Batches of Cookies
More by this Author
6 ingredients for this fast delicious chocolate fudge. Easy to follow recipe with pictures.
Decadent cheesecake with easy to follow instructions. Serves 20 - 30 people.
A step by step recipe with pictures for making a one pot meal that includes; cabbage, carrots, potatoes and onions.