How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bark [video]
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bark Inspiration
The inspiration for this dessert came when I was making teacher gifts for Christmas this year for my children's teachers. I found a great idea for peanut butter pretzel sandwiches that were dipped in chocolate. YUMMY was my first thought. So as I read through the recipe I thought, easy enough and on the list it went. Well I guess I wasn't thinking too well about the labor involved in actually putting together the sandwiches and then dipping each one into the chocolate. As great as they tasted, they were simply too much work for me to make again,at least during the holidays. So off the list it went for my co-workers.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bark Recipe
The problem was that I love the sweet and salty taste combination of chocolate and pretzels. And then add peanut butter to it, what's not to love? So as I continued to think about how I could still enjoy the flavor combinations only on a much easier scale, this recipe was born. With three ingredients and less than 10 minutes of labor, this will be a hit for your next holiday gathering.
1 cup of broken pretzel pieces
1 12 oz. bag of milk chocolate chips
1 12 oz. bag of peanut butter chips
- Turn on oven to 325 degrees and spread a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Spread out the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips on the parchment paper so that they are close together and mixed.
- Place in heated oven for about 3 minutes. Watch this closely because you do not want it to burn. You know that they are done when they just start to get a shine to them.
- Remove them from the oven and place on a hot plate. Take a knife and swirl the melted chips together so that there is a design created in the chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Sprinkle the pretzel pieces over the top of the chips. Hold the cookie sheet several inches off of the table and drop. Repeat two or three times or until the chocolate and peanut butter chips blend together with the pretzel pieces.
- Refrigerate for about an hour. After the cooling and hardening is complete, remove and break the chocolate peanut butter pretzel bark into bite sized pieces. Be sure to keep the bark refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to be served. If it is left out it will melt.
*The video provided will show you step by step directions on making this fantastic and easy treat!
The Finished Chocolate Peanut Butter Bark
More by this Author
Cooking with your kids can be great fun and a wonderful bonding experience. Bringing children's stories that involve cooking are a great way to help build both reading skills and learn new recipes!
Cooking for Easter can be fun and tasty. Getting your kids involved in cooking your Easter meal will make your holiday even more special. Here are some fun and easy recipes that you will enjoy making with your...
From math to science to learning to read, many animated tv shows enhance a child's learning. Here is a list of fantastic shows that will keep your child learning the entire time.