Chorizo Wrapped Tuna Burgers
Turf and Surf......Im always quite fascinated about mixing fish and meat in a dish, and so when I saw a Chorizo and Mackerel Roll on a TV show I thought I had to try it. The local shop failed me though, it only had smoked mackerel, however, some gorgeous Tuna Steaks came to the rescue. I thought why not? Ok, not in the recipe, but whats the worse that would happen. Well nothing in this case, apart from a lovely, and tasty Chorizo wrapped Tuna Burger.
Theses burgers are also a walk on the healthier side, I got my George Foreman grill out and grilled the Chorizo for a few seconds, then topped with the fresh Tuna, I then added more Chorizo and grilled for 3-5 minutes (until the tuna is opaque) The pressed grilling causes the Tuna to be secured in the Chorizo, almost wrapped, and you maintain all of the Chorizo flavour but with a lot of the fat having drained out.
These lovely Chorizo wrapped parcels were then popped on a Burger Bun, that had Lettuce, Tomato and Red Onion - but hey add whatever you fancy. Close Burger and Enjoy a protein packed super tasty healthier burger!
- 2 Burger Buns
- 1 Red Onion, In rings
- 2 Tuna Steaks
- 2 Tomatoes, Sliced
- 12 small Chorizo rounds, Increase or decrease as you wish
- 1 Little Gem Lettuce, Or other small leafed lettuce
Chorizo and Tuna Stacking
- Put on Grill. Spray with fry light oil (optional), add on 3 rounds of Chorizo, leave to sizzle for 5 seconds.
- Add Tuna, and 3 more rounds of Chorizo on top. Close grill lid and leave to grill for 3-5 minutes (until Tuna is opaque)
- On Burger Bun, put Lettuce, top with Chorizo and Tuna, add on Tomato, and Red Onion ring. Add on any additions mayo etc, close and Enjoy!