Delicious & Easy Apple Cake
The Perfect Companion For Coffee or Tea
Also by this Author...
The #1 Ingredient is: LOVE
Nothing Tastes Like Homemade...
I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but when I do get a craving for a dessert, it has to be really, really good- and boxed cake mixes or sweets wrapped in cellophane just won't cut it. I want something that is homemade from scratch, with no artificial ingredients, and preferably made with real BUTTER! This yummy apple cake is firm in texture, yet moist and buttery (like pound cake), so it is the perfect companion to your cup of coffee or tea.
MY DELICIOUS APPLE CAKE
3 c flour
2 c sugar
1 c butter (salted)
4 eggs (beaten with a bit of milk)
3 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
1/3 c applesauce (natural, no sugar added)
2 t vanilla
3 t baking powder
1 t ground cinnamon
1 t ground nutmeg
1/2 t ground ginger
2 T sugar
Preheat oven to 350 F (170c)
1. In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 t of the cinnamon and 1/2 t of the nutmeg with 2 T sugar. Add the cubed apples and coat them in this mixture. Set aside.
2. Beat together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until creamy.
3. Add apple sauce, pinch salt, remaining cinnamon and nutmeg, and ginger. Mix well.
4. Add flour 1/2 cup at a time, making sure that you blend well.
5. The last ingredient that should be added to the cake is baking powder. Sprinkle in gradually to be sure it is evenly dispersed.
6. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10" tube pan or bundt pan. Bake for about 60-70 minutes in the center rack of the oven. It is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before serving.
Try the recipe and let me know how it turns out. Thank you for reading!
C. De Melo
Author & Artist
More by this Author
The best food in Tuscany can be found at mamma's house...
Traditional, festive cake to compliment coffee, tea, or bubbly...
Tangy and spicy shrimp from the African coast.