Easy To Make Homemade Baked Granola
A Gift For The Health Minded - Homemade Granola - Or Just Make It For You!
This recipe is one of my favorites because it is so easy and it is so GOOD for you. I like to make a double batch and have on hand for our own family for the holidays but it would make a wonderful addition to a gift basket- just dress it up in decorative bags and add labels or find decorative containers.
Don't forget to experiment as well! I have tried different nuts and different dried fruits and the combinations have all been excellent. Even substituting almond flavoring with almonds as the nut of choice instead of walnuts and vanilla is an excellent variation.
- 3 cups old fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (I actually use 4 tablespoons of wheat germ and leave out the seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dried cranberries (any dried fruit)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Combine oats, walnuts, wheat germ, seeds (f using) and salt in 13 x 9 baking pan (I use 2 large pans if I am making a double batch)
- Bake until oats and nuts are toasted – about 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Combine honey, brown sugar, oil in a small skillet or pan over medium heat. Cook until the sugar has melted – about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Drizzle honey mixture over the oat mixture and stir all to coat.
- Return to oven and bake stirring occasionally until the oats are crisp – about 10 minutes.
- With spoon, break up any clumps.
- Stir in cranberries or dried fruit of choice.
- Store in airtight container.
Per 1/3 cup
- 154 calories, 29% from fat
- 0.5 g saturated fat, 5 g total fat
- 25 g carbs
- 3 g dietary fiber
- 4 g protein
More Ideas and Links
- Christmas Candy Recipes - Fudge & Peanut Brittle
Ah, yes...It's time to whip up those traditional Christmas candies such as fudge and peanut brittle. Below are some good recipes for each. Chocolate Fudge INGREDIENTS 3 cups sugar 2 ounces unsweetened...
- Christmas Candy Ideas - Almond Bark Peppermint Candy
Christmas candy ideas could not be simpler than this SUPER easy-to-make yet delicious candy. It keeps very well in air-tight containers and makes a beautiful gift as part of a Christmas gift basket or in a...
- Christmas Candy Ideas - Soft Caramels
morguefile.com The possibilities for homemade gift giving are endless but here is another of my Christmas candy ideas that sounds like it would be complicated to make but really is a snap! These are melt in...
- Christmas Candy Ideas - Almost Almond Roca
morguefile.com This is another of my Christmas candy ideas that is super simple to make and makes a beautiful gift to add to a Christmas basket - or just simply to enjoy over the holidays. I keep mine in...
- Christmas Candy Ideas - Amish Caramel Corn
morguefile.com Another of my super easy Christmas candy ideas that you can make ahead, store in airtight containers and then incorporate as part of a gift basket or a stand-alone gift in decorative tins or...
- Christmas Candy Ideas - Broken Glass Candy
morguefile.com This is one of my favorite Christmas candy ideas for adding to gift baskets at the holidays. This recipe is a more difficult one because it involves temperature and cooking to the hard...
- Christmas Gift Basket Ideas - How To Make One-Of-A-Kind Treasures
- Easy Homemade Granola
- Healthy Breakfast Recipe: Homemade Granola Recipe
Stir up some breakfast yum with your own custom granola cereal! Using a handful of pantry ingredients (if you don't normally have these ingredients in your pantry, they can be found in any grocery store)...
More by this Author
The best recipe you'll find for making light and fluffy buttermilk biscuits
You can make a jumbo or extra large muffin from any muffin recipe out there. You just have to know how to tweak the recipe in terms of baking time and amount you put in the pan. If you don't have a jumbo muffin pan,...
A great way to grow potatoes in small spaces. Try growing potatoes in containers to save space and grow in an environment that's easy to maintain.