Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll Recipe
This is the Recipe for the Cinnabon classic cinnamon roll that's famous in Cinnabon.
Our Family simply loves going to the mall and getting a Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll. We make special visits just to go into the store and purchase one of these delicious yummy goodness rolls.
A friend of mine used to work at one of the Cinnabon stores and passed this recipe along to me after severe bribery. I will note that the original Cinnabon rolls contain a special cinnamon called Makara. These rolls do not contain Makara Cinnamon- but they are absolutely delicious and identical to the rolls in the Cinnabon store. From our home to yours- simply enjoy, I mean devour with a huge glass of milk.
You would be amazed- that your grocery list will be small for these Rolls.
Note : Allow for a 2 1/2 hour window when making these from step one to completion.
Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll recipe
I packet of active dry yeast (1/4oz)
1 cup of warm whole milk
2 eggs at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
4 cups of sifted self-rising flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup of butter slightly melted
1 Cup packed Brown Sugar
3 Tablespoons Cinnamon
1/3 cup butter melted for spreading on dough.
3 ounces cream cheese. (this is less than 1 package of cream cheese)
4 Tablespoon butter melted
1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Awsome Pastry brush
Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll recipe
Place your oven temperature on warm. You want a warm oven for the dough. The temperature should feel slightly warm and be way below 150
1) Put your cup of lukewarm milk in a large bowl. Add your yeast to the bowl of warm milk to get the yeast going. Let sit 5 minutes.
2) To your large bowl with the milk and yeast that has sat 5 Minutes- add the sugar, butter,salt,eggs,flour. mix very well to form a ball.
3) Put your dough ball on a floured surface and lightly knead for about 15 seconds. Do not over knead- the purpose of this is to blend the ingredients and to get the dough warm with your hands.
4)Coat a glass bowl lightly with butter. Place your dough ball inside the glass bowl. Turn once to coat the top of the dough with a light butter coating. Cover the dough with plastic wrap for a tight seal. Place the dough bowl in the oven to rise .It will take approximately an hour for the dough to double.
5) While your dough is rising- make your filling to set aside when you are ready.
6) For the filling combine the brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl- set aside.
7) Make your icing and set aside for ready use
8) For the Icing combine all of the icing ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a mixer. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside.
9) After your dough has risen- take off the plastic wrap and punch the dough down. The dough will deflate. Take the dough and put on your flour surface. Roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thick. Coat the dough with the melted 1/3 cup of butter, and sprinkle with the brown sugar filling.
10) Start rolling the dough from the left side to the right- to form a tight log. When you come to the end of rolling your cinnamon log- Seal/pinch the edge of your log so that the log stays rolled. Flip the log so the edge is under the cinnamon log .
11) Start cutting your log depending on how thick you want your rolls. You can use a knife or a bread cutter. A bread butter is a little easier. You want approximately 1/2 inch to 1 inch thick.
12) Place your cut rolls in a buttered 11 x15 porcelain baking dish. Space apart- so the sides are within touching. Cover with plastic wrap and seal good. Place back in the warm oven to rise for an hour.
13) When the time is up- your rolls should be risen more and appear to be touching. Pull them out of the oven and leave the plastic wrap on.
14) Heat the oven to 350. Once it is at the right temp, remove the plastic wrap and place in the heated oven approx 15 -18 minutes. You want the rolls in the middle rack. The tops of the rolls will be lightly browned .
15) Immediately ice your cinnamon rolls with the cream cheese icing. The icing will start to melt a little and form that glaze over the rolls.
16) Serve with a glass of milk.
You know how the best part of a cinnamon roll is the center? Well these cinnamon rolls taste just like the soft moist center. The whole roll is absolutely delicious. The best part is there is no leftovers, and your house smells like delicious Cinnamon Rolls.
How to Roll a Cinnamon Roll Log
More by this Author
This is the original lobster mac and cheese recipe from the Yankee lobster co in Boston. Succulent lobster encased in a butter cheddar cream sauce baked in elbow noodles and topped with crunchy panko
Here is the proclaimed TGI Fridays loaded skillet chip nacho's recipe. Loaded Skillet Chip Nachos.Home-style potato chips with melted cheese and bacon crumbles, stacked in a skillet and smothered in white cheddar queso....
This is the original recipe for the Olive Gardens Lasagna Fritta.It is so delicious! It is Parmesan-breaded lasagna pieces, fried and served over Alfredo sauce, topped with Parmesan cheese and marinara sauce. You cant...