Peanut Butter Cookies Using Crisco Recipe
Rate these cookies!
This is a simple recipe for classic, traditional peanut butter cookies. Just a few ingredients, easy steps, and you get a wonderful, delicious treat. You can also add a cup of semi-sweet morsels or white chocolate chips to change them up a little bit.
- 3/4 C creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 C Crisco shortening
- 1 1/4 C brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 TBSP 2% Milk
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 C all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine peanut butter, Crisco, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in a mixing bowl at medium speed until creamy. Add the egg and beat just to blend it in.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add flour mixture to the creamy mixture by spoonfuls until dough is formed.
- Pinch off dough and roll into small balls, about 1". Place a few inches apart on a cookie sheet. Press dough ball down with a fork in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, do not overbake! Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack. Save in an air tight container.
More by this Author
Firearms can be a very dangerous tool in the hands of the wrong person. Every state has their own gun laws and regulations. For the state of Georgia, the laws are pretty straight forward and easy to abide by. Before you...
Until this year, the only time that I've had mice or rats in the house were when my daughter had pet mice and rats, and one of those times we did have one loose in the house. (Science fair project got loose.) Anyway,...
You may refer to a truss as the rafter, but it's basically the skeleton of the roof, carrying the weight of the frame and supporting the walls of the building. Trusses are very important to preventing the walls from...