Coconut Chicken Curry
I love to cook but I am incredibly lazy. I hate complicated recipes with lots of ingredients. I love to feed my kids healthy homemade meals but the meals need to be fairly quick and simple. If not, I will cook the meal once and never attempt it again. I love coconut curry chicken. Often, I would visit my favorite local restaurant to get my fix.But I felt it was a dish that I could make at home. I would pay $7 per plate but I am incredible thrifty(cheap) as well as lazy. I wanted to find out if this was a dish I could make at around the same cost. After doing some research online, it seemed like an impossible feat. Most of the recipes have tons of ingredients. Many ingredients I didn't have in my own home. I tinkered here and there. After some experimentation I found a blend that suited me. A great combination of sweet and spicy.
- 2 de-boned chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp garam marsala
- 1-3 tbsp curry powder, depends on how spicy you want your curry
- 2 tsp salt
- 1tbsp sugar
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tbsp oil
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and put into separate bowl. Add lemon juice and garam marsala. Allow to marinate while you begin cooking rice (about 10 mins)
- In a pan add oil on medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add curry powder. Cook until you smell the spices.
- Add chicken to pan. Cook chicken throughly
- Add Coconut milky,water, salt and sugar.
- Bring to a boil. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes or more. This allows the sauce to thicken and the flavors to combine
- Serve with rice
More by this Author
The restaurant business is an exciting industry to learn about. It seems like every aspect of the industry is carefully thought out. Also every aspect as ties to various cultures and traditions. I am a foodie or food...
An introduction to university family housing.