Coffee Ice Cream Push Pops: The Best Chocolate Dessert Recipe
A special thanks to my sister and mother (Alexandria and Starr Todd) for their contributions to the making of this article. Mahalo nui loa.
These delicious push pops are perfect for parties, special events, or a simple movie night with the family. These push pops can be served frozen or right after you make them. With coffee ice cream, oreos and chocolate, this dessert is bound to make everyone's mouth water.
The push pop holders can be found at craft and culinary supply stores. These holders can be washed and reused so nothing is going to waste and they fit perfectly in the racks of freezers--just stick them in between the bars.
This special treat can be made with many other types of ice cream and toppings. What combination would you try? Strawberry jam and orange sherbet? Chocolate and banana? The possibilities are endless.
Ingredient Amount Choices
Number of Push Pops
Number of Cookies Needed
Amount of Chocolate Syrup Needed
1 1/4 cup
1 1/2 cups
2 1/2 cups
3 3/4 cups
6 1/4 cups
- Coffee Ice Cream
- Chocolate Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Oreo Cookies
- Push Pop Holders
- Coffee Beans, Chocolate Covered (Optional)
Amounts and Measurements
*The ingredients list above does not list the amounts because the amounts will change with the number of push pops you are creating. I have included a table to the right that indicates how much of the ingredients you need to make just the right amount of pops for your event!
For every push pop, you will need two cookies and for each cookie, you will add four tablespoons of chocolate syrup.
Step-by-Step Photo RecipeClick thumbnail to view full-size
Have you ever made push pops?See results without voting
- Remove the cream from the oreo cookies with a knife.
- Put the cookies into a blender or coffee grinder.
- Put the cream into a bowl or throw it away.
- Grind the cookies in a coffee grinder or blender until grainy. Make sure to stop grinding before it becomes a powder.
- Put the cookie grounds in a small bowl.
- Add the chocolate syrup to the cookie grounds and stir together until it is a thick batter.
- Put the batter on a sheet of wax paper and spread it out so that it is about 1/4 in. thick.
- Use the bottom of the push pop to cut out circles from the batter.
- Put half of the cut outs into the bottom of the push pops as the first layer.
- Add a thick layer of coffee ice cream so that the push pop is half full.
- Add another cookie cut out and another layer of ice cream so that the push pop is almost full.
- Add a topping of whipped cream.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of chocolate syrup over the top of the whipped cream.
- Add a chocolate covered coffee bean or cherry to top the push pop.
- Freeze if desired or enjoy immediately!
Push Pop Containers with Lids
Portable Push Pops
If you want to make these delicious chocolate desserts to bring to a party or other event, you will need to purchase the push pop holders with lids. These holders can be found on Amazon (links to the right) or at craft stores as mentioned before.
Make sure to also purchase a lollipop display or a box with holes punched into the top in order to support your push pops while traveling.
More by this Author
Using this recipe, you will be able to make twelve delicious cupcakes in about 40 minutes.
White chocolate buttercream is a perfect topping for almost every cupcake and it's so easy to make! This white chocolate frosting is perfect for a number of cakes including my favorite raspberry lemon cupcakes.
This list will help you come up with your own, original sociology research topic. The top 11 sociological subjects are listed below with plenty of ideas for your research.