Cookbook Review: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Slow Cooker Cooking
Is your slow cooker one of your favorite kitchen tools? Are you always looking for creative ways to use your slow cooker to create delicious meals? If so, you'll be delighted by the Complete Idiot's Guide to Slow Cooker Cooking by Ellen Brown. This easy to use resource has almost 250 recipes, each one created just for slow cooker enthusiasts.
About Slow Cookers
The book starts out with an overview of slow cookers. You'll learn details about how slow cookers work and what factors you should consider when choosing your own slow cooker. You'll also find out the basics of slow cooker safety, as well as tips for using the small appliance most effectively and efficiently. This section also provides information about how to convert traditional recipes so they will work well in a slow cooker.
Whether you're looking for easy main dishes for family meals, taste tempting size dishes, or delicious appetizers for special occasions, you'll be delighted with the wonderful ideas in this book. There is even a large section packed with great slow cooker dessert recipes! Each recipe includes a complete ingredient list, step by step instructions that anyone can follow, details about preparation time, expected servings, and the minimum cooking time.
I'm all for any book that helps me use my slow cooker more often and more effectively. I already use my slow cooker several times each week, and am always looking for new ideas for it. So, I've read a lot of slow cooker cookbooks. I can honestly say that this is the best of the bunch.
My Favorite Recipes from CIG to Slow Cooker Cooking
- Baked Acorn Squash - This recipe offers a tasty way to enjoy butternut squash without having to heat up your kitchen with the oven.
- Creole Crab and Corn Chowder - I have a stovetop recipe for this dish that is really good. This recipe is even better, and it's easier to make!
- Hoppin' John - Learn to make your own Hoppin' John with dried black eyed peas, ham, and some other ingredients. New Years Day will never be the same once you have this great recipe.
- Seafood Gumbo - I've been looking for a good seafood gumbo recipe for ages, and this one is excellent.
- Zucchini Chili - This unique take on vegetarian chili is absolutely delicious!
Enjoy Your New Book
I haven't tried all of the recipes in this great book yet, but I'm looking forward to continuing to experiment. If you decide to add the Complete Idiot's Guide to Slow Cooker Cooking to your collection, I hope you'll enjoy your new book as much as I like mine!
More by this Author
Are you looking for a great place to enjoy a leisurely Sunday brunch in Mobile, AL. There are many great places where you can enjoy a wonderful weekend brunch meal all over town. 4 Favorite Restaurants for Sunday...
No comments yet.