Cooking Chicken Thighs in the Oven
Why Chicken thighs?
When I was younger I was unusually sniffy about eating chicken thighs and drum sticks. That was before I realized that they are actually the most tasty part of the chicken, They are also so easy... if you use the trusty oven.
Oven roasting chicken allows the skin to crisp up and become deliciously caramelized. The meat inside is basted in the juices from the fat under the skin and this makes it particularly moist. So be inspired and use the recipe below to make some oven baked chicken thighs or drumsticks today.
The recipe below is an oriental inspired recipe that can be served with rice or alone as an appetizer. As thighs and drumsticks are a cheaper cut of chicken you can afford to be generous with your servings!
Another way to cook these is in a pizza oven
- 1kg chicken thighs or drumsticks, Skin on
- 2 teaspoons Ginger, Grated
- 1 Clove Garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup Sweet soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 60 ml black rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon seasame oil
- Mix all of the ingredients except the chicken together
- Line a tin with foil and place chicken into the foiled container pour marinade over the chicken allow to marinate in the fridge for up to 24hrs
- Place into preheated oven at 180 degrees for 1-1.5 hrs. To check the chicken is ready prick with a fork in the largest meatiest part, if the juice runs clear it is ready.
More by this Author
Growing herbs in a tropical climate can be challenging but oh so rewarding! So come on down and have a go!