Cooking With Beer
Little known facts
I heard that Toby Keith song on the radio the other day, you know that one about beer for his horses. And that's what gave me the idea for this hub. I also love trivia and thought that it might be fun to include a little of it along with the recipes. I really don't really care for the taste of beer but love to cook with it!
Did you know that in Texas it's illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing?
1 Cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 Cup pure cane white sugar3/4 tsp. baking powder1/2 tsp. salt1 egg beaten2 Tbs. butter melted1 Cup beer
1. Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
2. Pour the liquid ingredients into the the dry mix and stir just until blended.
3.Coat a skillet or griddle with cooking oil or butter and heat over med. heat until pan is hot. Then spoon 1/4 cup of batter onto hot surface for each pancake. When bubbles appear on the top of the pancakes, flip and cook until browned on both sides.
Did You Know
Did you know that rinsing your hair in beer will make it soft?
6 Cups water
2 Cups beer
1/8 Cup salt
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 Whole chicken
Hickory or mesquite chips
2 1/2 Tbs ground cummin
2 1/2 Tbs Curry Powder
2 Tbs. chili powder, divided
1 Tbs. pepper
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Combine brine ingredients - water, beer, 1/8 cup salt, garlic powder, and onion powder - in a large container, one that is large enough to hold the brine and the chicken. Soak whole chicken in brine for 1 hour.
- Soak wood chips in water for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for indirect cooking method. Place wood chips over coals when ready to cook.
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, curry, chili powder, pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Rub chicken inside and out with spice mixture.
- Place chicken on grill, breast side down. Close lid, and cook for 30 minutes. Turn over, and cook for an additional 25 minutes, or until juices run clear and temperature is 185 degrees in the thickest part of the chicken. Keep the lid closed while cooking for even cooking, and to get more of that smoky flavor.
Another Odd Fact
This is one of my favorites :)
It's against the law to drink beer out of a bucket while sitting on the curb in St. Louis Missouri.
Lobster Tails Steemed in Beer
2 Lobster tails1 Can beer
1.Bring the beer to a boil in a med sized sauce pan over med-high heat.2. If lobster tails are still in the shell - split the shell lengthwise/3.Place a steemer basket on top of the sauce pan and put the thawed lobster tails into the basket, then cover and steam for 8 minutes.
Tom Arnold, Sandra Bullock, Chevy Chase, Bill Cosby, Kris Kristofferson, and Bruce Willis are all former bartenders.
Beer BBQ Ribs
Easy Beer BBQ Ribs
6 lbs. Ribs - baby back pork or beefBlack pepperSea saltRed pepper4 Cups bbq sauce1 12 oz. bottle beer
Season the ribs with salt, red and black pepper then place the ribs in a crockpot and pour the beer and bbq sauce over the top. Cover and cook on low for approx. 5 hours. When done the ribs will be falling off the bone tender.
Did You Know
Methyphobia is fear of alcohol.
Be careful of this recipe, it tastes delicious but has quite a kick !
1 - 12 oz. can of frozen pink lemonade concentrate thawed.12 oz. water12 oz. vodka12 oz. beerMix all ingredients together in a large pitcher and serve over ice.
Can You Believe
Vikings used the skulls of their enemies as drinking vessels.
Doesn't sound like good hygiene to me!
Did You Know
During Medieval times beer was used for tithing, trading, payment and taxing.