Rocketship Chicken Roll Ups and Other Space Party Foods
Space Themed Party Foods
Throwing a space themed party can be nothing short of out of this world! But a party is not complete without the food to complete it. So what kind of food should you serve at an astronaut's lift off? Read on to find some fun and exciting food to add to your next space adventure!
Rocketship Chicken Roll Ups
Rocketship chicken roll ups are very fun and easy to make. They are sure to be a hit with all of your little astronauts!
Ingredients for Roll Ups:
- Chopped chicken (or any filling such as lunch meat or veggies)
- Slice of cheese of your choice
- Mayonaise, mustard, or Italian Dressing
- 1/2 slice of cheese
- Slices of apples (two per sandwich)
- Orange and red pepper slices (sliced thin)
- two or three strawberries and/or blueberries for the USA
- Take one tortilla and place the lettuce, cheese, and chicken on tortilla.
- Add your mayo or dressing and roll up the tortilla. Place the roll up on a plate in a vertical fashion.
- Add half of a cheese slice to the top of the tortilla.
- Take two slices of apples and place on either side of the bottom portion of the roll up, on the outsides. (See picture for more detailed examples.)
- Cut out the letters for USA from the strawberries and blueberries and add to the outside of the roll up on the rocket part of the sandwich.
- Add pepper slices to the bottom of the roll up to form the fire from the rocket. And serve to your space enthusiasts!
Flying Saucer Cookie PicturesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Flying Saucer Cookies
When I started to think about what treats I could serve at a space party, my mind immediately went to a Milkyway candy bar. Although these are tasty treats, I wanted my little space friends to have an extra special treat. So I decided to make Flying Saucer Cookies.
- Sugar cookie dough-You can use the store bought tube (this is what I did to save time) or you can use your favorite sugar cookie recipe.
- Mini Milkyway candies (one for each cookie)
- Using the cookie dough of your choice, roll it out into about 1/4 thickness. Then using a 2 inch diameter biscuit or cookie cutter, cut circles out of the dough.
- Place an unwrapped candy in the center of the cookie and wrap the dough around the candy.
- Follow the baking directions on the package or from your cookie recipe.
These cookies are sure to give your guests a surprise when they bite into them. They are best served warm so that they still have a gooey center. However, I can assure you that they are still delicious when completely cooled.
**After making (and then eating) these cookies, I realized that to make them look even more like flying saucers, you could add small frosting dots around the base of the Milkyway 'bump' to make it look like lights. I think that this would give it an even more authentic look.
Alien 'Blood' Punch
This is incredibly easy to make. Simply stir up some limeade or other green drink. Add some carbonated beverage like Sprite to it and serve!
If you don't want to make alien blood punch, then serve Tang. It was of course the drink of the astronauts!
You can even have some 'real' space food for kids to try.
Finger Jello Stars
Making finger jello stars is very easy and will be a huge hit with your kids! If you already have a finger jello recipe, feel free to use yours. Here's one that I used.
- 3 small boxes of lemon gelatin
- 4 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
- 4 cups of boiling water
Mix together and place in a 9x13 inch pan and place in the refrigerator until set, about 2 hours.
I hope that your outer space adventurists enjoy these space treats as much as mine did. To infinity and beyond!
More by this Author
Hosting a party? Attending a party and need to bring a dish to share? Looking for food to serve at a Super Bowl Party? Here are three easy dips using cream cheese that are quick and will get rave reviews.
Looking for a great macaroni and cheese recipe that is sure to please the kids? This one is fast, easy, delicious, and includes hidden vegetables!
From math to science to learning to read, many animated tv shows enhance a child's learning. Here is a list of fantastic shows that will keep your child learning the entire time.