Cooking With a Crock Pot
Stew Cooked in a Slow Cooker
Crock Pot the Original Slow Cooker
Crock Pots or slow-cookers are no longer unfashionable; in fact they are now hugely popular. In the 1970s the Crockpot was an essential kitchen appliance - even though at the time they were not a very effective way of cooking. The modern versions of the old Crockpots are now a cost and time efficient way of giving your family a healthy, hot meal without slaving over a hot stove for hours.
Old recipe books with Crockpot recipes are being dusted off and publishing companies are releasing new cookbooks to take advantage of the renewed interest in this method of cooking.
Cooking in a Slow Cooker Basics
Money Saving Cooking with a Crockpot
All of us are interested in saving money on groceries and in today's economy many people have to work longer hours just to make ends meet.
Crockpot cooking helps in both respects. Slow cooking means that even the cheapest cuts of meat will be tender. Plus slow cooked recipes let you add the ingredients in the morning and leave them to cook while you are out at work. When you get home at the end of a busy day, you will be greeted by the appetizing aromas of your dinner gently simmering in the Crockpot.
No need for hastily thrown together meals or takeaways, your meal will be cooked and waiting for you.
Modern Crockpots are technologically advanced so that your meal will be cooked to perfection and not overcooked, which was a problem with some of the older models.
Recipes for a Slow Cooker
How to Choose the Right Crockpot for Your Family
Tips for Crockpot Recipes:
- Season your ingredients freely - slow cooking can reduce the flavor of some foods, so don't be afraid to add any herbs or spices you enjoy as well as salt and pepper.
- Trim any excess fat from meat to avoid a greasy meal.
- Hard vegetables such as carrots, parsnips and potatoes will cook better if put at the bottom of the pot and then the meat and other ingredients placed on top of them.
- Have some fresh herbs or salad leaves ready to garnish your slow cooked meal in case it does not look as attractive as it smells.
Crockpot recipes are perfect for entertaining as you will be free to spend time with your guests knowing that your meal is prepared ready to be served when required.
Amazon stocks a range of Crockpots at a variety of price points depending on the functions and capacity you require.
Complete BBQ Chicken Dinner in the Slow Cooker
What to Cook in a Slow Cooker
Your Crockpot can be the catalyst for you to serve easy healthy crock pot recipes to your family using many different types of meat, chicken and all kinds of vegetables.
People are once more realizing the value of slow cooking in saving time and money for busy families.
The best slow cooker recipes can be found in cookbooks that specialize in crock pot meals and also online. And, ask your mom or grandmother if they have some old, leftover recipes from the heyday of the Crockpot.
Many of these quick and easy to prepare meals read like some you could find on a gourmet restaurant’s menu. The only thing you have to do is assemble the various ingredients and place them in the slow cooker as directed in the recipe. Go about your normal daily life and when your family is ready for dinner - dinner will be ready to eat.
You can get a good looking, stainless steel, 3 quart, Crock-pot on Amazon for less than $25. The smaller ones are great for singles or couples and fit nicely in compact kitchens.
If you need a family sized version there are 6, 7 and even 8 quart models that come in stainless steel or colored styles to match your kitchen décor and are programmable with a variety of settings.
With all these colors, styles, sizes and prices of crock pot the original slow cooker, you’re sure to be able to find one that fits your family cooking needs. Many new cookers come with recipe books included so that you can try all types of quick and easy crock pot recipes.
You will enjoy the tastiness and ease of being able to serve your family a hot and nutritious meal that only took minutes to prepare.
Crockpot Recipes You Can Access Now on Kindle
More Tips for Slow Cooking
- Don't forget to go easy on the liquid if you are using a standard recipe. Slow cooking doesn't allow the liquid to evaporate as much as normal cooking.
- Don't overfill your slow cooker as it could boil over.
- Save money by using less meat and cheaper cuts in your slow cooked stews and casseroles as the flavor spreads through the other ingredients during cooking.
- No need to add fat or oil to your recipes - it isn't needed.
- Slow cooking is also ideal for special diets, vegetarians and Paleo eating. You can find recipes for all types of diets.
Do You Slow Cook?
Do You Cook Using a Slow Cooker or Crockpot?See results without voting
Busy Family Meals from Your Crock Pot
No comments yet.