Cooking with Coconut Oil: Warm Tropical Broccoli & Pineapple
Coconut oil is widely used for skin treatments, hair tonics and can be found in favorite lotions. It is so versatile that it can be used in cooking as well, and can add a warm tropical twist to any recipe.
When I first started making this I got scrunched noses and blank stares when I said I put pineapple and broccoli together and it tastes great. The trick is the coconut oil that brings it all together.
Warm Tropical Broccoli and Pineapple
Rate This Recipe
- 4 Cups Broccoli, Cooked
- 2 Cups Pineapple, Chopped
- 1 Medium White Onion, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- Dash Sea Salt
- Over medium heat cook the chopped onions in the coconut oil until they are golden brown and soft
- Add the cooked broccoli, sea salt and pepper and reduce the heat to a medium low.
- Once the broccoli has been evenly coated with the coconut oil and the ingredients have been brought to the same temperature, add the pineapple.
- Turn the heat to low and cover for 5-7 minutes. The pineapple should be evenly warmed up with the other ingredients but not cooked.
- Remove from the heat, serve and enjoy!
- Optional: Crumble roasted seaweed over the top before serving. It adds a nice crunch and pairs nicely with the pineapple.
Other Great Recipes:
Looking for some other great recipes?
Don't Forget the Cocktails!
Apple Pie Jello Shot – YUM!
Beautiful bright orange cocktail perfect for halloween parties
Watermeltini - Scrumptious!
More by this Author
If you don't own a broiler pan, this is a great way to improvise to cook succulent steak!
This is a great twist on the traditional lasagna recipe using cottage cheese and Alfredo sauce. Tasty recipe that not only will the family love it, but it is very simple as well.
This hub is about graphic design including pre-press procedures, paper sizes, bleeds, margins and final trim sizes. There is important information about what your printer needs to be able to output the best quality...