Cool summer drinks with ice cube coffee
When I first made coffee cubes I was actually trying to save some good coffee I was brewing by mistake. It was late at night and I was getting the coffee maker ready for the next morning. I poured the water, filled up the coffee cone, I pushed the button and left the kitchen. But instead of delayed brew I hit brew now. I didn’t realised until I smelled the fresh coffee aroma coming from the kitchen.
By the time I stopped the brewing, the pot was already filled with good, strong, aromatic coffee. I just couldn’t throw it away. So I waited to cool down and I made it into iced coffee cubes. Later, I repeated the process trying to get the right measurements for water and coffee, according with my test.
Here is how to make iced coffee cubes
- Get a freezer cube tray or more. You should be able to fill at list one cube tray, so planning accordingly will save you time and money.
- Measure how much water you need to fill up the tray.
- Pour that water in the coffee maker and add half cup more (some water is going to be lost on the coffee grounds).
- Add coffee to the coffee machine. I would recommend two hippy tablespoon of coffee for one cup of water. You can adjust the strength of your ice coffee cubes by using more or less coffee.
- Start the machine and brew the coffee.
- Allow coffee to cool to room temperature.
- Pour the coffee into the ice cube tray with and put in the freezer. In few hours you should have your iced cube coffee ready.
Here is how to use iced coffee cubes
Use the coffee ice cubes to make iced coffee. How to make iced coffee? Here is one recipe:
2 tablespoons of instant coffee
sugar (as sweet as you like it)
2 tablespoons of warm water
1 cup of cold water (or milk)
ice cubes and coffee ice cubes
Mix instant coffee with sugar and warm water and stir well for a minute until creamy.
Add cold water and mix well until the sugar and coffee is well dissolved
Pour the mix over ice cubes.
Or use the iced coffee cubes instead of regular ice cubes on cold drinks.
Here is a very simple recipe
Fill up a glass with ice cubes, add 2 coffee iced cubes, then pour over as much soda as you like and stir. It works great with 7 up, Mist, Coca-Cola or Pepsi.
Here are some variations
- You can do a soda of your choice.
- You can also add on a slice of lime or lemon.
- You can add a shot or vodka, rum, cognac.
- If you like sweet drinks, you can add more sugar.
- or a blob of cream
For a better and stronger test of your iced coffee you can use espresso to make the iced coffee cubes. Also, you can freeze any of your left over morning coffee and use them in the afternoon for a cold drink.
I hope you enjoy my iced coffee recipes.
Related coffee articles
- The surprising aspects of coffee and tea and what th...
The surprising aspects of coffee and tea and what they tell about you Coffee and tea are two of the favourite drinks that share the same market. While tea, as a drink, has been around longer then coffee, the...
- Turkish coffee with whipped cream
If you like coffee and want to try something new the try a Turkish coffee with whipped cream. It is very easy to make and tastes great. Here are step by step instructions on how to make Turkish coffee and...
- The True Turkish Coffee on Sand
There isn't such a thing as Turkish coffee. However, there are different methods of preparing a cup of coffee. Before the coffeemakers were invented, people used other ways to brew their morning delight....
More by this Author
Brazil is the largest coffee producer in the world. In 2009 it produced almost 40 million bags of green coffee and exported over 27 million of them. Brazilian coffee is the base for the 90% of espresso coffee that in...
This article is about the invention of paper coffee filters that we used every single day to brew our cup of coffee. A simple idea with a huge benefit.
Every Thursday night our family has pizza for diner. We make it all at home. We make the dough in the bread machine, roll it, and follow our own pizza recipe. During the years, we manage to fine tune the process and...