Best Oven Country style steak in gravy Easy Recipe
Easy and Delicious!
This one of my favorite dinners when I am in need of good ole country cookin'. Try this one yourself. It is extremely easy and down right DELICIOUS! I purposely left out the nutrition information on this one. When you are eating food of this type, dieting is not your main goal. Once in a while, we need some old fashion comfort food. THIS is definitely it!
- 2 pounds beef cubed steak
- 2 cups flour, self rising
- 1/2 teaspoon black or white pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon table or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, optional
What do you think?
- Rinse cubed steak, cutting larger pieces to about hand size, and set aside to drain. Do not dry. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all other ingredients except water in large mixing bowl and mix thouroughly.
- Place cubed steak in mixture one at a time and coat well. Place each piece in an oven safe deep dish. Glass dishes or pyrex works best. It is fine if pieces are stacked on top of each other. This actually makes it turn out better.
- Pour water slowly onto the meat so that it is about 1 inch above the meat. Some of the flour mixture will wash off of the meat during this step. This is OK.
- Place in preheated oven at 350 degrees. Let cook for approx. 4 hours, checking and stirring occasionally, about once an hour.
- Remove from oven when tender and gravy has browned. Let cool and serve with your choice of sides. My favorites are mashed potatoes, early green peas, and biscuits.
© 2012 Cynthia
More by this Author
How to irrigate foley catheter.
Anyone who has tasted this creamy soup served at Pirates Voyage or Dixie Stampede will want this recipe.
Instructions for continuous bladder irrigation.