Cream of Broccoli Soup Recipe
This cream of broccoli soup recipe is quick and easy to make. It has a hearty, creamy flavor that is satisfying, especially on a cold day. This recipe can be prepared ahead of time a kept in the freezer for up to 3 months. When freezing, add the heavy cream only when ready to serve.
1 chopped onion
1 chopped celery stalk
1 chopped garlic clove
2 tablespoons of butter
4 cups of chicken broth
4 cups of broccoli florets
2 cups heavy cream
cheese for garnish
- Melt the butter in a medium sized stock pot over medium heat. Saute the onion, celery, and garlic for a few minutes, until tender.
- Add the broccoli and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender or food processor. You can also use a hand blender. Then return the soup to the stock pot.
- Add the heavy cream and stir until heated through.
- Garnish with cheese when serving.
More Soup Recipes
More by this Author
Flavio Ensiki via Flickr This is a recipe for an Oreo cheesecake, one of the quick easy desserts I like to to make. It is best to make this the day before, so that it has ample time to cool. If you are making it the...
Learn how to make great dirt cake!
In the Dallas Cowboys 50 year history they have had some excellent wide receivers. Bob Hayes and Michael Irvin are hall of famers and Drew Pearson is deserving of the same honor. I believe that players...