Low-Fat Cream of Shrimp Soup Recipe
Lowfat Cream of Shrimp Soup
Just a Few Shrimp?
Cook with wine! Eight ounces of shrimp, just a measly half pound, is enough to make this easy and elegant lowfat soup, to satisfy four. Use a mini-chopper for the onions, shrimp, and herbs and it will come together quickly. Evaporated milk is a great substitute for cream. And drink the rest of the wine, now that the bottle is open. . .
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, minced
- 8 ounces, raw shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup, dry white wine
- 2 cups, water
- 1/2 teaspoon, dry (powdered) mustard
- 1 - 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 cup, chopped herbs, parsley, maybe dill too
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper or white pepper
- Thaw and shell the raw shrimp and roughly chop it. Heat the olive oil in a soup pot and add the onions and shrimp and continue to heat and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, the water and the powdered mustard. Bring the soup to a boil and then lower the heat and simmer for 10 or 15 minutes.
- Add the evaporated milk and stir. Let the soup cook slowly for another 15 minutes or so, stirring when you think of it. Taste and add the salt and pepper to your taste.
- Divide chopped fresh herbs among 4 bowls. Ladle the soup into each bowl and serve hot.
More by this Author
Had he told his other woman about his herpes? Was it wrong of me to let her know? Or more irresponsible not to let her know? A tough choice revealed a tragic story.
Go from knowing nothing to buying and owning the revolver or pistol that will keep you safe. By Rulalenska, gorgeous girl and firearms fan.
Although your spouse or partner might not hit you, he or she can arrange to make you miserable in public and private no matter how smart or educated you are.
No comments yet.