Creamy Low Fat and Calorie Buttermilk Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe (Homemade)
Love ice cream? Can't seem to get enough? Well, now you can learn to make it at home! This low calorie, yet creamy and classic low calorie & low fat buttermilk vanilla ice cream recipe is fun and easy to make, as well as yummy! You can use this buttermilk vanilla ice cream as a base for other tasty personalized ice cream flavors, just mix in the things you like!
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 1 vanilla pod (or 1/2 tsp vanilla essence)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- Put the vanilla pod (if using) and buttermilk in a pan over low heat until it is almost boiling, then if using the vanilla pod remove it from the buttermilk.
- In a bowl over a pan of hot water whisk the eggs until thick and pale colored. Pour in the warm buttermilk slowly while whisking hard. Continue to whisk over the pan of hot water until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Whisk the honey (and the vanilla essence if using) into the mixture. Then place the mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze until firm.
- When the mixture is ready you can eat as is or add fruit/nuts. You can also place it in a pan for a desired shape.
Helpful Ice Cream Cookbooks
Makes 4 servings, about 150 calorie each.
Look above for ice cream cookbooks that can give you even more insight on how to make your own creamy cold goodness!
Please feel free to...
- Ask a Question
- And Rate Up :)
No comments yet.