Creamy Tomato-Basil Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds vine-ripe tomatoes (about 6), coarsely chopped
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. dried basil
- 1/4 c. dry marsala wine
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Saute garlic for 1 minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes, basil, wine, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer for 30 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
- Pour into blender and puree until smooth.
- Return to pot, add cream and blend.
- Heat through.
- Serve topped with cheese croutons.
More by this Author
An example of NFT hydroponic system, an active system, at Epcot in Orlando, Florida. Photo from sheepguardingllama (flickr) Hydroponics is the method of growing plants without soil. Hydroponic systems...
It's August. School starts soon. Labor Day is almost upon us. Football preseason has begun. Seems like summer is almost over, but there is still at least one more month of good cookout weather...
The snake plant, also known as mother-in-law's tongue, is a popular house plant. Houseplants are used throughout the world to decorate indoor spaces, add color and texture, liven up a room’s atmosphere...
No comments yet.