Creamy Tomato-Basil Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds vine-ripe tomatoes (about 6), coarsely chopped
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. dried basil
- 1/4 c. dry marsala wine
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Saute garlic for 1 minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes, basil, wine, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer for 30 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
- Pour into blender and puree until smooth.
- Return to pot, add cream and blend.
- Heat through.
- Serve topped with cheese croutons.
More by this Author
Typical orange pumpkins. Who knew there were so many different kinds of pumpkins! In the United States pumpkins are associated most with fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving. And for good reason –...
It's August. School starts soon. Labor Day is almost upon us. Football preseason has begun. Seems like summer is almost over, but there is still at least one more month of good cookout weather...
From June to November hurricanes pose a potential risk to the eastern and Gulf Coast regions of the US, the Caribbean and Central America. The worst hurricanes in history have caused devastating loss of life and...
No comments yet.