Creme of Sherry-Mushroom Soup with Parsley-Truffle Oil
Quick and easy - Yet so delicious!
The next time you're having a gathering, try this delicious recipe out! This velvety rich soup will be a hit with your guests, is easy to make and can be made before they even arrive! Use any type of mushroom you like (though shitake and cremini work the best) and serve with hot crusty French bread.
- 2 Cups Sliced Mushrooms (Cremini, Shitake, Portabellas)
- 4 Cups Manufacturing Cream
- 2 Cups Unsalted Sherry
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp Minced Shallot
- 1 Clove Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp White Truffle Oil
In a medium-large stock pot, sweat the garlic and shallots over medium-high heat in the white truffle oil until just translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms start to soften. Deglaze the pan with the sherry and continue cooking about 5 more minutes or until the sherry reduces by half. Add the chicken stock and cook another 5 minutes. Add the manufacturing cream. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Once the cream starts to thicken a bit, finish the soup with the chopped thyme, salt and cracked pepper. Serve immediately or hold in a covered double-boiler on low heat.
- 1 Bunch Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup White Truffle Oil
Bring a pot of water to a rapid boil and submerge parsley completely in it for 5 seconds. Remove parsley and set in a strainer to cool. Once drained, blend the parlsey with the olive oil and the white truffle oil in a food processor until pureed. Immediately strain through a cheese-cloth or fine chinois into a squeeze bottle. Use the oil to garnish the mushroom soup and save in the rest for later garnishing uses. Will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
Be sure to visit some of my other great recipe hubs!
- How to make Perfect Hollandaise - Great on Eggs Benedict, Asparagus and Poached Salmon, this recipe includes helpful videos and tips to assure you success!
- How to make Perfect Demi-Glace - This is a great hub if you've ever wanted to make Demi-Glace at home. This easy to follow recipe is based on the classic Escoffier recipe taught to students throughout the world at Cordon Bleu certified schools.
- How to make Perfect Pesto - Who doesn't love Pesto? Here's a recipe you can make at home in your blender or food processor in a matter of minutes! This hub also talks about the benefits of using a Mortar & Pestle, and provides handy links to shop for the right one.
- Steamed Mussels in Garlic Saffron Broth - Truly, one of my favorite recipes. Mussels were one of the first things I ever learned how to cook, and this recipe was perfected over decades of experimenting with freshly caught Pacific Black Mussels.
- How to make Perfect Meatballs - Try this authentic Sicilian recipe the next time you're in the mood for meatballs! This hub also includes some great tips for avoiding dried-out meatballs, and links to some great Italian cookbooks. Salud!
- Cream of Roasted Butternut Squash Soup - One of my signature soups. This recipe can be served hot or cold, and is sure to be the best squash soup you'll ever taste!
- Creamy Champagne Viniagrette - This easy to make viniagrette goes great as a dressing or a marinade, and is needed to make the Perfect Portobello Mushroom Appetizer. I gaurantee you'll love this one!
- Chef Delaney's Perfect BBQ Spice Rub - Shhhh! Don't tell anyone, but here's my secret spice rub recipe. Alright, I guess you can tell your friends and family... but that's it! This rub goes great on anything you want to throw on the grill and is easy to make. Try this on ribs with my famous Smoked Peach and Chipotle BBQ Sauce and be prepared to be impressed!
- Smoked Peach and Chipotle BBQ Sauce - Another Chef Delaney signature recipe, this sauce combines sweet, spicy and smoky flavors in perfect harmony to create a grilling sauce with just the right amount of stickiness, and a one of a kind flavor that will boost you from Backyard Chef to Grill-Master in no time!
Comments 2 comments
Visit Chef Delaney's Online Kitchen Supply Store For The Best Deals On The Best Products!
More by this Author
Let's admit it. Work can be rather... boring? It sure can! We've all suffered the doldrums of cubicle hell, but I present to you here a sure-fire list of things you can do to "liven up" your place of...