Easy to make Crisp Potato Wedges with Ribs to Spare
Crisp Oven Potatoes
I love to cook for my family and after so many years doing it, I just try to keep it simple most times. The potatoes and ribs are an excellent meal for anytime of year, especially the cold and stormy months because both dishes are cooked in the oven.
Crispy Potato Wedges
1 1/2 lbs small red potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
4 tsp finely minced garlic
3/4 tsp coarse salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 525 degrees F. Quarter the potatoes and place them in a large bowl.
2. Sprinkle the garlic, salt, paprika and pepper over the potatoes. Toss to coat well.
3. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with vegetable cooking spray. Place the potatoes in the pan, and roast for 20 minutes. Turn once or twice doing cooking.
4. After roasting is done, change oven setting to broil. Broil the potaotes until crisp. Stay and watch the potaoes through oven door so they don't over-brown. This process takes only 1 to 2 minutes. Enjoy right away!
More Spuds from Hubbers
- Microwave Milk Free Scalloped Potatoes
I experimented with this because: 1. I am Lactose Intolerant 2. I was tryiing to use less heat in my kitchen then using an oven or stove top method 3. I am not too fond of the boxed potatoes. Microwave...
- Easy Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Here's an easy idea for potatoes that I do when I just don't have the time for a side dish but I want something filling and full of flavor. This is my quick and easy recipe to flavorful roasted potatoes. What...
- Best roast potatoes
My favorite potato recipe.Potatoes are an important source of vitamin C, higher in protein than most other vegetables and, cooked with their skins, also a good source of fiber. It always amazes me that...
Oh so Sweet Spare Ribs
2 racks of baby back ribs (approx. 1/12 lbs each)
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup Chinese plum sauce or apricot preserves
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp minced garlic (optional only)
1. Adjust the oven rachk so that it is about 6 inches from the broiler. Preheat your broiler to high.
2. Use a large shallow baking pan, and line it with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Cut the rib racks into individual pieces and arrange them with the meaty side down. Make sure they are close together but not touching..
3. Combine all the remaining ingredients and stir well. Slowly spoon 1/3 of mixture over the ribs.
4. Broil for 10 minutes. Turn the ribs, meaty side up and spoon another 1/3 of the sauce on them.
5. Again broil the ribs for about 6 minutes. You guessed....spoon on the remaining 1/3 sauce. Broil another 4 minutes or until ribs are crispy and done.
These recipes may take several steps, but they are very simple and after making them once or twice, it will become second nature for you to make them. Bon Appetit!!
More great ribs
- Real BBQ beef short ribs. A lazy summer afternoon to...
Now I'm not going to say that these are as good as good old smoky barbecued pork ribs, but low and slow BBQ'd beef ribs (short ribs) are pretty good, and a great change of pace. The principals of...
- Winter BBQ'd Ribs
Quick and easy and sooo good ( Well not so quick) Babyback ribs (any amount) A dry rub (your choice) BBQ sauce A cookie sheet lined with tin foil (for easy clean-up a rack to fit on the cookie sheet And a 220...
- How to make Lazy Man's Beer Ribs
Lazy Man's Beer Ribs Here's an excellent recipe for baby back ribs that fall off the bone. This recipe is requires very little effort and can be made in any standard kitchen. Most...
More by this Author
Peroxide can be used in countless ways for everything from removing stains from clothing to whitening teeth. The price and uses can't be beat. Peroxide is a must have for every household.
For a family and friends Holiday party, here are some recipes for three drinks that even children can have. Recipe #1 Rosy Holiday Punch This drink, made in a punch bowl is a mixture of sweet and tart fruit...