Vietnamese Crispy Noodles With Chicken And Shrimp Stir-Fried Recipe (Mi Xao Don Thap Cam)
This is Vietnamese interpretation of Chinese panfried noodles or crispy chow mein. Mi Xao Don Thap Cam is crispy panfried egg noodles topped with delicious chicken and shrimp stir-fry. The crispy noodle is balanced with harmonious combination of vegetables, chicken, shrimp and savory sauce. It has nice flavors and textures also beautiful color. It's loaded with fiber and good protein.
Here is how to make Vietnamese crispy noodles with chicken and shrimp stir-fry. Some cook prefer to deep fry the noodles but I prefer to pan-fry it. To get more fiber, add more vegetables such as broccoli, snow peas, water chestnut or young corn.
What You Need
Serves 2 - 4
5 oz boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced
5 oz shrimp, peeled, deveined
8 oz Chinese egg noodles
8 tbsp cooking oil
2 tsp sesame oil
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1 can straw mushroom (15 oz), drained
8 oz baby bok choy, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 spring onions, cut into 2-inches lengths
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 tbsp cornstarch mix with 2 tbsp water
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp ground white pepper
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/3 tsp sugar
2 tsp fish sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup chicken broth
How to Fix
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat. Then add the egg noodles. Cook for about 4 minutes or until al dente. Drain then rinse under cold running water. Drain and set aside.
- Transfer the noodles into a large plate. Toss with 2 teaspoon of sesame oil and a pinch of salt. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl. combine chicken, shrimp, sugar, cornstarch, pepper, light soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir to coat evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, salt and chicken broth. Stir to mix.
- Blanch the carrot and baby bok choy in hot boiling water about 1 minute or until the bok choy is tender but green. Drain and rinse under cold running water to stop cooking process. Drain.
- Heat a wok over medium heat and add 2 tablespoon of cooking oil. Then add the noodles and spread them out into a flat cake. Cook for about 4 - 5 minutes or until the bottom side of the noodles are crunchy brown. Then flip the noodles. Add 2 tablespoon of cooking oil into the pan. Fry the noodles about 5 minutes or until crisp and crunchy. Transfer to a large platter.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. When hot, add 2 tablespoon of cooking oil. Then stir in garlic, ginger and spring onions. Cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Then add the chicken and shrimp. Spread them out into a layer. Cook undisturbed for about 1 minute. Stir-fry the chicken and shrimp for another 1 minute or until they have turned color but halfway cooked. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoon of cooking oil into the wok. Add vegetables and stir-fry about 1 minutes. Then pour in the sauce. When the sauce begins to bubble, return the chicken and shrimp. Stir the mixture about 1 minute or until the chicken and shrimp are done. Last, add the cornstarch mixture. Stir about 30 seconds or until the sauce is thick.
- Pour the chicken and shrimp stir-fried over the noodles.
More Vietnamese Recipes
- Vietnamese Spicy Cabbage And Chicken Salad (Goi Bap Cai Ga)
- Vietnamese Stuffed Tomatoes (Ca Chua Nhoi Thit) Recipe
How to make Vietnamese style baked stuffed tomatoes.
- Braised Pork And Egg In Caramel Sauce (Thit Heo Kho Trung)
- Shrimp In Caramel Sauce (Tom Kho)
- Shrimp In Tamarind Sauce (Tom Rang Me)
- Vietnamese Banana Blossom Salad Recipe (Nom Hoa Chuoi)
More by this Author
How to prepare Vietnamese chicken noodle (pho ga) at home. It's not as difficult as you think.
A simple noodle soup dish to beat the cold winter.
How to make Vietnamese braised chicken (ga koh gung)
No comments yet.