Crock Pot Recipes
Set-it and forget it!
Why do I love most about my Crock-Pot slow cooker? Set it and forget it!
Wasn't that the tag line from an 80's tv commercial? Either way, prepping food to be cooked in the crock-pot takes between 2 and 15 minutes, and that's it. It doesn't get much easier than that. The best pulled-pork I've ever tasted took 5 min to prepare, then 8 hours on low too cook. It was truly that simple. (recipe below).
As you know from my hubs about the George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine, I love simple, fast cooking with quick clean up. The slow cooker couldn't be any easier.
Did I mention set-it and forget it?
Lets say you want to entertain a few friends for dinner, but don't have time to spend hours in the kitchen. What should you do? Cook AMAZING chili in the crock pot! It takes about 15 or 20 minutes to prepare, and 4 hours to cook on high in the crock pot. (recipe below).
Easy Clean Up!
Slow cookers and extremely easy to clean. There's only ONE POT. And wow does that make life easy. Knowing that I'll have only one pot to clean makes me more inclined to cook because I know I won't have hours of dishes to do at the end of the evening.
Pulled Pork Recipe
Fannnntastic pulled pork:
1. Cut an onion into quarters and put in in the base of the slow-cooker.
2. Take a pork shoulder, cut off as much fat as you can, then put it on the onion in the slow cooker.
3. Slather the pork in your favorite BBQ sauce.
4. Set it on low for 6 or 8 hours.
5. One hour before it's done, take two forks and "pull" the pork apart.
That's it! I recommend eating it on a kaiser roll.