Crock Pot Potato Soup
One of the greatest flavors I have found is in this potato soup! Since potatoes create an amazing soup flavor that is sure to create a popular meal in your home that even picky eaters will ask for. The mixtures of cheese and turkey bacon merely act to amplify the combinations found within the stew.
The following is an excellent example of how creamy potato soup can be an amazing option for dinner meals! Not only can this be utilized throughout the week, but also is an excellent choice for family gatherings, indoor functions, and so much more!
- 8 3/4 c. potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 med. onion, finely chopped
- 21 oz. chicken broth
- 2 c. water
- 2 tbsp. butter, cubed
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. Velveeta Cheese, cubed
- 1 c. sour cream
- 6-7 slices turkey bacon, cut into small pieces
- In skillet, combine turkey bacon and onion, cooking until tender. Then drain the grease.
- Place 2 cups potatoes in a saucepan; add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat (do not drain). Mash potatoes; stir in butter.
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot, cover and cook 6-7 hours, or until tender. If the soup is too thick, add milk to thin out.
- Serve, adding more crumbled bacon and shredded cheese if desired. Another great addition is diced green onions!
As with most soups, this can be a meal by itself with either an addition of a simple bread (such as artisian or french bread) or oyster crackers. If, however, you are like my family, I have to utilize the soup as a side, and instead include something such as a steak or fried chicken.
In this instance, add a simple side dish such as glazed carrots or sauteed mushrooms. The reason this will become a side dish in my family is because there are some in my family who do not enjoy soup, including my husband.
Before serving, can always add some cooked, crumbled turkey bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, and green onions on top.
More by this Author
Savory herbs and a few veggies are sure to make this a quick all around meal that needs not additions! It has wonderful texture and flavor that will leave your family asking for more!
On a cold winter day, or when someone in the family is feeling under the weather, this is perhaps one of the greatest solutions for a great meal!
Finding an amazing lamb ribs recipe was difficult, but am absolutely in love with this one! It is amazing! Probably would work with other rib recipes, but since we have lamb, this is my choice!
No comments yet.