Crock Pot Pizza Ravioli
Being a major fan of utilizing my slow cooker, and also of Italian style meals, this has become one of my go-to recipes. It has a flare mixed between the Italian ravioli and the kid pleasing taste of pizza! It take only a few minutes to prep, and is an excellent meal to be accompanied with a green salad and garlic bread!
It is great for an easy weeknight meal, or to utilize when trying to impress others! Many times, when people have this dish, they immediately imagine that I had to slave over a hot oven for hours to create it!
- 3 lb. ground beef
- 1 1/2 c. onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 large jars pasta sauce
- 25 oz. cheese stuffed ravioli
- 3 c. shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1 pkg. turkey pepperoni
- Spray bottom of 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Use a Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner and lightly coat with cooking spray. This will definitely help with the clean up.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, breaking up with spoon, until no longer pink; rinse and drain.
- Add beef mixture and 1 jar of the pasta sauce to bowl, and stir to combine.
- In slow cooker, spread half of remaining jar of pasta sauce to cover bottom.
- Layer with half of the ravioli and half of the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups of the cheese and half of the pepperoni.
- Repeat layers. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 hours.
- Serve, sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese.
As with most pasta style dishes, the absolute best side I have discovered is a cheesy garlic texas toast and simple side salad. Another key note is to consider adding a touch of either freshly grated parmesan cheese on top, or even mozzarella cheese.
As can be noticed in the final picture, have also discover the addition of mushroom, and depending on personal taste, even olives is an excellent choice in this slow cooker meal!
While I do have a preference for both ranch dressing or vidallia onion vinegrette, both do appear to compliment the meal! Even recognizing this, always open to any suggestions for sides you may discover with this meal!
More by this Author
As a huge fan of baked apples and turkey chops, could not find a more perfect recipe. If you are looking for a touch of sweet then this is something you definitely should try!
Savory herbs and a few veggies are sure to make this a quick all around meal that needs not additions! It has wonderful texture and flavor that will leave your family asking for more!
Finding an amazing lamb ribs recipe was difficult, but am absolutely in love with this one! It is amazing! Probably would work with other rib recipes, but since we have lamb, this is my choice!