Cube Steak with Vegetables and Brown Gravy Crock Pot Recipe
Please rate this recipe!
Turn tough cube steak into a soft, tender dinner with this slow cooker recipe. Cube steak, brown gravy and your favorite vegetables make this a snap to throw together before you leave for work or start your day. Your home will smell delicious and dinner will be a crowd pleaser. Serve this dish with rice, egg noodles, or mashed potatoes. Crusty rolls or bread would compliment it well.
- 1 lb Cube steak
- 3 envelopes of brown gravy
- 1 can of sliced mushrooms
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup carrots, whole baby carrots or sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Prepare the gravy as directed on the package. It usually calls for 1 cup of water per envelope. Stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Place cube steak at the bottom of the crock pot. Pour the gravy over the meat. Add the vegetables and the extra water. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
- If you're home, stir the pot occassionally to keep the gravy moving. Serve over white rice or egg noodles.
More by this Author
Firearms can be a very dangerous tool in the hands of the wrong person. Every state has their own gun laws and regulations. For the state of Georgia, the laws are pretty straight forward and easy to abide by. Before you...
Until this year, the only time that I've had mice or rats in the house were when my daughter had pet mice and rats, and one of those times we did have one loose in the house. (Science fair project got loose.) Anyway,...
You may refer to a truss as the rafter, but it's basically the skeleton of the roof, carrying the weight of the frame and supporting the walls of the building. Trusses are very important to preventing the walls from...