Fresh Cucumber Cocktail
How Do You Take Your Cucumber?
Rate this Cucumber MInt Cocktail
Cool Cucumber Vodka and Mint Cocktail
The first time I ran across a cucumber in anything but a salad was about ten years ago at a friend's party. Believe it or not, it was in the form of a cucumber cocktail, and it was as fascinating in flavor as was the recipe for making it. Before tasting this absurd cucumber beverage I thought, "who juices a cucumber?" and more importantly, "Who juices a cucumber and makes a cocktail out of it!?" Well, I am hear to tell you, as of the first moment I sipped this unique cocktail, I do!
How to Drink A Cucumber
As it turns out, it is an amazingly light and very refreshing drink. A cucumber cocktail is created by simply combining the juice of a cucumber, an apple, and some oranges. Then, because that combination is obviously not strange enough, you pop in some mint and vodka. Then you spin this group of cool ingredients in a blender with some ice and serve it as a frothy smoothie cocktail (or filter it for a lovely translucent cocktail treat)! This cucumber drink ended up being the life of the party and one we all remember and enjoy whenever the craving for something "cucumber" takes over on a sunny afternoon. I don't recall who decided to make the first fresh cucumber mint cocktail, but I do know that it remains one cool cucumber of a drink worth trying!
Cocktail Preparation Time
- 1 cucumber, washed and Juiced Whole
- 1 Apple, Washed, Cored and Juiced
- 3 Oranges, Juiced
- Medium bunch Mint, (I use peppermint in this drink, but spearemint taste pretty good too.)
- 2 ounces Vodka, (even the cheap stuff taste great in this cocktail!)
- 1 cup Ice
Picture by Picture Instructions (Cucumber Drink)Click thumbnail to view full-size
Cucumber Non-cocktail Tip
NOTE: To rejuvenate your body the next morning, store a batch of the cucumber drink in the fridge—just be sure to exclude the vodka in the refrigerated batch!
Instructions - Cucumber Smoothie Cocktail
- Core and wash the apple. Chop it into chunks and put it into a blender.
- Wash the cucumber and chunk cut it. Place the chunks (skin and the seeds all get used) in the blender.
- Squeeze all of the juice out of the three oranges, making sure that no seeds get into the juice. Pour the orange juice into the blender with the apple and cucumber chunks.
- Remove a good sized bunch of mint leave from their stalks. (Save the bulky mint stems to bruise and then steep with the tea of your choice later.) Toss the mint into the blender with the juice and fruit chunks.
- Add ice to the blender and pulse down the fruit and ice until you can put the blender on a continuous smoothie (or liquefy) speed setting.
- Add 2 ounces (more or less according to your taste) of vodka to the blender and give it a good whirl! Make sure to get the fruit chunks and mint finely macerated. I find the liquefy speed setting of the blender works best for this final spin.
- Pour the cocktail into chilled glasses, garnish with an orange and cucumber wheel, along with a mint leaf. The drink comes out a little thick and ends up with a frothy head, like a "loose" smoothie.
Don't Have a Juicer? Try This Handy Tip!
Nutrition Facts for Cucumber
|Serving size: 1/2 cup (52 g)|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 2 g||1%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
A Cucumber Cocktail Clear Juice Drink (not a smoothie)
Recipe For Clear Cucumber Mint Cocktail
If you prefer a clear juice cocktail using the same ingredients, simply juice the apple and cucumber in a juicing machine or spin them in a blender and filter them before adding them back to the blender. (if you don't have a juicer, use a coffee filter in stead. See the picture at right to learn how.) Add all of the ingredients as suggested in the instructions before. The end result is a translucent liquid cocktail that offers a beautifully pale green appearance.
Alcohol-free Cucumber Mint Beverage
It's easy to rejuvenate your body the next morning, or to simply enjoy the cucumber drink in a non-alcoholic version of the recipe. Simply make the drink according to the instructions above. However, instead of the , add in a splash of 7Up for a uniquely refreshing summer drink. Make one large batch in the blender, then—before adding the vodka—pour half of the blended cucumber drink into a pitcher. Add the 7Up and refrigerate for later, or to share with the kids. vodka
NOTE: Be sure to label the containers as to which has alcohol in it, and which is "kid safe"!
Cool Cucumber Mint Cocktail
What You Think Really Does Matter
Have you ever had a cucumber cocktail of any kind?See results without voting
More by this Author
From taste to price, the results are in! Is Pellegrino's quality worth the high cost, or can Trader Joe's more economical sparkling mineral water stand up to the quality test? See for yourself how Pellegrino vs Trader...
Malibu Rum and a spicy chilli pepper bring crisp cool heat that reaches out and socks you right in the chops! Cranberry to peppermint, this unique cocktail is made from real fruit and fresh ingredients that promise a...
Here's a list of the people foods that are most commonly deadly for dogs. This list surprises even the most knowledgeable of dog people.