Quick And Easy Sauce Recipes For Fish: How to Make Greek Yogurt Cucumber Sauce
Culinary Basics - Using Greek Yogurt
Culinary basics is all about learning to use different ingredients for 'standard' recipes. Here is a new and improved version of Cucumber Sauce and is a 'must have' in the quest for healthy recipes.
Cucumber Sauce is a great way to use Greek yogurt, whether store bought or homemade.
You can also use regular plain yogurt.
This is a great sauce served with poached, broiled or grilled fish.
You will find it a great topping for sandwiches too, especially pita bread sandwiches.
Last but not least, it makes a great topping for grilled chicken with its delightfully ‘fresh’ and 'cool as a cucumber' taste.
Makes 1 cup (8 servings)
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or substitute low-fat plain yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon greated onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of pepper
- Peel cucumber, slice lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Shred or coarsely grate the cucumber. Put cucumber in strainer and press out as much liquid as possible.
- Combine other ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the cucumber and stir to blend. Cover and chill at least 1 hour for flavors to blend.
The Facts on Greek Yogurt Cucumber Sauce
Calories from fat 3
Total fat 0 g
Saturated fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1 mg
Total carbs 2 g
Dietary fiber 0 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 1 g
Exchange = Free Food
Courtesy The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
- How To Make Greek Yogurt
- Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
These are the ingredients to prepare an original Greek Tzatziki Sauce 8 ounces strained yogurt (the original greek tzatziki is made with strained yogurt not the regular one) 1 small cucumber 2 garlic cloves 2...
- Tzatziki (Greek Yogurt Sauce) Recipe
I love Greek and Mediterranean food. I often make falafel and when I do I compliment it with homemade tzatziki sauce. Some people refer to this sauce as yogurt sauce. As with anything else, there are a...
- Salmon Patties With Cucumber Sauce
Ingredients: 1/2 kg potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed 1/2 kg pumpkin, peeled, cooked and mashed 1 x 210g can salmon, drained, flaked (tuna can also be use) 1 onion finely chopped cup chopped...
- How to make a Cucumber and Dill Dip
Cucumber & Dill Dip and Cucumber Salsa Ingredients: 2 cups of goats milk yogurt ( or plain yogurt) 3 drops of Tabasco 3 drops of Worchestershire sauce 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh dill ...
More by this Author
What is barley and how can you cook with it? There are many different kinds of barley and some forms are more nutritious than others.
Walnut oil is one of those oils you don't hear much about but it is fantastic. Learn how to use walnut oil in your everyday cooking.
Leash pulling is a very natural behavior for most dogs as truly, most do not like being on a leash in the first place. However, you can prevent it with a few easy techniques.